Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2017, 11:17 AM

15 posts, read 13,789 times

Advertisements

Has Newark,NJ built any brand new condo's for rent in a great area?
I also post in DE.,forum,as i'm trying to help sister tami out and her fiancee Mark.
Hi.

-
Hi.

I am searching for my sister Tami. She is looking for a low-crime area, a nice 1 BR., apartment located in South Jersey.(They heard/seen apt., nice and dirt-cheap in Newark,NJ but we hear this is a very bad area.)
-
So looks like they will definitely remain focus on South Jersey.

So much cheaper than Northern NJ,so she has chose to relocate from down south to NJ(but has to be near Delaware)Now,i do know of 1 town is called Lindenwold,NJ and it looks pretty nice,cheap nice apartments, even one has a beautiful wood burning a fireplace in Lindenwold,for only $928.00 a month.Both are strict on staying in South Jersey(six month job contract,very $$$high salary) his and hers,1 hr.or less away from new career job(located in Dover,Delaware.) He is from Wilmington.He says he will live anywhere in Jersey,
but not in a city where there is still a meth issue,drugs,heroine crisis, with a very low poverty rate, too many killings,robberies rape etc.al.,so he will not miss WILMINGTON,DE he says after 29/30 years of being there. My sis is older and both have great opportunities(new life with a $$$ new high paying jobs in Dover,Delaware)so South Jersey by Nov 1st is their choice to live til' able to purchase somewhere by late 2018.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 01:25 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
LOL, big difference between Newark NJ and Delaware.You talk about job opportunities and getting away from a bad element but are willing to stay in Newark????

Old 09-02-2017, 02:59 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,754,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaine View Post
He says he will live anywhere in Jersey,
but not in a city where there is still a meth issue,drugs,heroine crisis, with a very low poverty rate, too many killings,robberies rape etc.al.,so he will not miss WILMINGTON,DE he says after 29/30 years of being there. My sis is older and both have great opportunities(new life with a $$$ new high paying jobs in Dover,Delaware)so South Jersey by Nov 1st is their choice to live til' able to purchase somewhere by late 2018.
Then scratch Lindenwold off of that list. Honestly, I think you should have them look in Delaware and not South Jersey, considering a commute to Dover, DE from South Jersey is not reasonable, and Newark, NJ commuting to Delaware is completely off of the table regardless of how nice or crappy the area in Newark is. Maybe they meant Newark, DE and were mistaken? I'm not as familiar with Delaware, but if they are splitting the difference between New Castle and Dover, then maybe they should look around Smyrna or Middletown.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:39 PM

171 posts, read 109,435 times
I don't have an answer for you, sorry, I live in central NJ. But I wanted to tell you something that you may not realize. I think you are saying she will be working in Dover DE but wants to live in south Jersey AND have no more than an hour commute. If this is correct, the bridge furthest south (that connects NJ and DE) is the Delaware Memorial Bridge. From that bridge to Dover DE is about an hour itself. So if she wants to live in NJ she will need to find a place VERY close to that bridge.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:59 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,868,278 times
Sounds like Tami and Mark need to get out there and have a look for themselves. I mean, especially if they're getting married and all it seems a little weird to have their younger sibling doing all the work for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey