Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2017, 07:25 AM

19,180 posts, read 25,449,706 times

Advertisements

More bad news for Silent Kim:

Guadagno staked her campaign on cutting property taxes. A new poll says it's not working. | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 07:37 AM

18,503 posts, read 15,320,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I don’t think guilt by association taking precedence over policy is something to celebrate.

I have no doubt that Murphy will win this election. I also have no doubt that when we all start paying more money to the state, Murphy will be voted out. Murphy’s agenda can not be financed by a few rich people. The middle class will be paying for it too.

Last edited by AnesthesiaMD; 10-15-2017 at 07:55 AM..

Old 10-15-2017, 08:13 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,634,530 times
My problem with Kim is similar to the one I have with the current governor in that they talk about being fiscally responsible but they do a significant number of things that pad the pockets of a select group of connected people.

And yes I know that is common in politics however they do it to a larger extent than I have seen from others.

One other thing the current governor is doing things in this budget year that is creating significant financial stress for whoever the next governor is.

He has pushed major budget items like certain rebate programs into this current year. Some items that were delayed from previous budgets. They come due after January.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
My problem with Kim is similar to the one I have with the current governor in that they talk about being fiscally responsible but they do a significant number of things that pad the pockets of a select group of connected people.

And yes I know that is common in politics however they do it to a larger extent than I have seen from others.

One other thing the current governor is doing things in this budget year that is creating significant financial stress for whoever the next governor is.

He has pushed major budget items like certain rebate programs into this current year. Some items that were delayed from previous budgets. They come due after January.
...and both Silent Kim and our esteemed governor can try to lie about their supposed tax breaks for NJ residents, but the reality on their watch includes a 36% increase in NJ Transit fares (while essentially ignoring safety upgrades and maintenance), a 20% increase in state college tuitions, and the cessation of the Homestead Rebate program, all of which amounted to a substantial fiscal burden on the state's residents.

What was that old saying?
Wasn't it...Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining?

Old 10-15-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
...and both Silent Kim and our esteemed governor can try to lie about their supposed tax breaks for NJ residents, but the reality on their watch includes a 36% increase in NJ Transit fares (while essentially ignoring safety upgrades and maintenance), a 20% increase in state college tuitions, and the cessation of the Homestead Rebate program, all of which amounted to a substantial fiscal burden on the state's residents.

What was that old saying?
Wasn't it...Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining?
Removing the rebates helped pay for lower property taxes for the majority. And when I say “lower”, I really mean the slower rise in property tax for everybody.

You really thought the rebates were fair? They turned the property tax into an income tax. We already have a very progressive income tax.

If you can’t afford your property taxes, then you can’t afford your house. You have the option to move, just like the rest of us. If you retire, and can no longer afford the property tax, then sell your house to a young family that can use it. Move to a low tax town or state like so many other retirees do.

Old 10-15-2017, 08:58 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,634,530 times
He pushed payment of previous year rebates into this budget. It will not be paid while he is governor.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
If you can’t afford your property taxes, then you can’t afford your house. You have the option to move, just like the rest of us. If you retire, and can no longer afford the property tax, then sell your house to a young family that can use it. Move to a low tax town or state like so many other retirees do.
Why do assume that I am in that category?
Very prudent investing, over 3+ decades, has left me in... let's just say... a secure position.
I am not planning on moving anywhere out-of-state.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Why do assume that I am in that category?
Very prudent investing, over 3+ decades, has left me in... let's just say... a secure position.
I am not planning on moving anywhere out-of-state.
I didnt mean to imply you personally. I was using “you” in a general sense.

Old 10-15-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I didnt mean to imply you personally. I was using “you” in a general sense.
Thank you.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:13 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,287,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
Was not trying to deflect

What specific question do you want me to answer that you think I did not?
Do you like, are you good with, NJ becoming a sanctuary state?

You said:

Quote:
I am not for removing immigrants that came here when they were young and have maintained a solid life. I have no problem with removing those immigrants that have not acted as responsible citizens by committing crimes. I believe that DACA should protect the first group and if that defines NJ as a sanctuary state so be it.
You do understand that this isn't about immigrants? This is about ILLEGAL immigrants and no matter their age or lack of criminal history while they live, illegally, in the US & what they cost the citizens (legal) in the US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey