Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 08:44 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,342,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shet View Post
Probably some of the guys here take the NEC line or NJCL line so that Newark is convenient.

Forget Westchester or CT or LI, even taking the train from Bergen County to Newark is going to take more time than going to Manhattan.

The truth is Newark is convenient by train only for some areas of NJ. It is not a the hub like Manhattan which works for people from three states.
The truth is the state doesn't revolve around Bergen County. The most frequent NJT rail lines feed into Penn Station or Broad Street NWK. The 2 most used NJT stations outside of the 2 Penn Stations, Hoboken & Secaucus are on the NEC. Just like they usually do when commuting to downtown NWK, folks from Bergen County can still transfer at Secaucus or use the 76 bus depending on where they're located. Unless they're near the Hudson River like Englewood or Leonia their commute isn't that much of a hassle compared to Manhattan.

The talent for these type of positions would mostly be in the Jersey part of the tri-state area and maybe NYC. Why bring up CT or LI?

Last edited by Marv95; 01-23-2018 at 08:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 09:08 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I AM into that type of food! That's the only thing I miss about working in Borough Park. I'm not Jewish but the kosher places have great choices for non-meat eaters and I like the ME flavors.

I have a doctor at St. Michael's Medical Center. I just looked it up, and The Green Chicpea is not far from there. I'm going next time.

Thank you!
Sure! Only thing is, I checked the hours and apparently they're closed on weekends. Your doctors appointments are likely on weekdays but just FYI.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:39 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Sure! Only thing is, I checked the hours and apparently they're closed on weekends. Your doctors appointments are likely on weekdays but just FYI.
Figured they'd close on Saturday if they're kosher, but yes, I usually go on a Thursday or Friday.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:19 AM

1,387 posts, read 4,017,548 times
Amazon has been blamed for the skyrocketing COL in the Seattle area. This area is already expensive! Any more and we will become the next Silicon Valley! We're also too congested as is. With all the tax incentives they're being offered, will their presence really help this area?

However, I am ok because I am pretty sure they will not pick Newark. You have major corporations leaving this area for greener pastures, I doubt they will choose Newark. My money is on a Southeastern City.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:01 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarksNJ View Post
oh lets see...

20+ min train from Newark to Manhattan (delays can make this much worse)
Travel time manhattan train/bus to Amazon manhattan office
PATH/NJT monthly cost for that trip
Monthly metro card cost for that trip
NYS income tax
Lunch is more expensive in manhattan

Don't forget the airport. They want to be close to the airport. Manhattan is far from any airports. It takes forever to get to JFH or LaGuardia.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:14 AM

4 posts, read 4,032 times
Talking I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdacunha View Post
I’ve lived in the Ironbound my whole life. I decided to build two new multi family homes in the Ironbound when I got married in 2013. The home values are probably +40% since I finished in Jan 2015. Real estate is hot here. Never have issues renting.

I agree with you! I am renting two of my apartments and the amount I am getting is incredible. We see the light and the possibilities!!! We'll let other stay in the dark and when it blows up - they cannot say they were not told!!!

Old 02-02-2018, 06:40 PM

625 posts, read 797,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieshia1 View Post
I agree with you! I am renting two of my apartments and the amount I am getting is incredible. We see the light and the possibilities!!! We'll let other stay in the dark and when it blows up - they cannot say they were not told!!!
I like seeing homeowners succeed. I don’t like the group of Newarkers that never invested in the community and expect a free handout. They never took the financial risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey