Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 08:33 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times

Advertisements

Parts of Newark have definitely changed for the better but again, that is because more affluent non-blacks from mainly NYC are gentrifying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 08:38 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal1 View Post
First you would need to get rid of the muggers.
That is true, but at least we are all able to recognize those muggers, even when they are not in the act of mugging.
If you don't believe me, just ask Potato, who is an expert on this topic.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:50 PM

1,553 posts, read 2,448,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
If my view is racist so be it. I am just calling it the way I see it.

You are just making up excuses and being an apologist for black Americans. Plenty of non-whites, particularly Asians, who BTW come here with very little and barely able to speak the language but have made themselves better through hardwork and education so much with nary a complaint about racism or the racist system. They in fact get discriminated (like Ivy League and elite West Coast colleges purposely putting a limit on their enrollment because there are too many overqualified Asian candidates and acceptingthe less qualified blacks for “diversity” purposes) more but rarely do anything about it but just go on with their lives quietly.

Meanwhile, you have the black American community that have become experts at whining about everything (just the other day, I saw that they were in front of a school protesting to have a teacher fired because she wanted to teach students about slavery) and literally society immediately caves into their demands and gives them all types of programs and assistance (to fight racism). They know how to use the race card very well.

You can try to come up with all the supposedly racist programs from 70 years ago but for many decades now, the inner cities have been the recipients of the most generous government handouts and assistance in the country and yet because of those residents and their failed leadership, they are still lousy.

If other model minority groups (like the Asians I talked about) had even gotten 1/1000th of the help the black Anericans have gotten, they’d certainly would have done a whole lot more with it, than turning cities (or their parts of it) like Detroit, Camden, St. Louis, Newark, JC, Passaic, Paterson, Trenton, Hartford, Cleveland, Philly, NYC, Chicago, Memphis, New Orleans, Baltimore, Oakland CA, South Central LA, etc. into the most dangerous, crime ridden, decaying hellholes in the country.
Many if not most Asians come here with a college degree. Not a fair comparison.

Despite all the obstacles African Americans faced, they are still making progress.

The number of African Americans making $75,000 or more doubled since the 70s and and those making more than $100,000 almost rose 4 times as well since that time. In addition according to NBC News, over half are now in the middle class or higher.

Such an amazing feat for a group of "whiners".

You are a racist. You need to work on that. Maybe you just have a low self esteem and need someone to attack just to make yourself feel better?

Old 03-04-2018, 04:00 PM

857 posts, read 835,091 times
Anyone comparing the results of slavery with other immigration and not seeing the difference is clueless.

Old 03-05-2018, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Many if not most Asians come here with a college degree. Not a fair comparison.

Despite all the obstacles African Americans faced, they are still making progress.

The number of African Americans making $75,000 or more doubled since the 70s and and those making more than $100,000 almost rose 4 times as well since that time. In addition according to NBC News, over half are now in the middle class or higher.

Such an amazing feat for a group of "whiners".

You are a racist. You need to work on that. Maybe you just have a low self esteem and need someone to attack just to make yourself feel better?
Nah, I maybe a racist but I don’t have self esteem issues. You just feel you need to attack me and my self esteem because you think everyone should feel about race the way you want, otherwise there must be something wrong with that person.

And no, plenty of first generation Asians do not come here with college degrees. That is why you see them starting restaurants, laundromats and other businesses. The first generation work their butts off and scrimp and save so that their children can go to the better schools. That is how the second generation then get their college degrees.

The work ethic and mentality of the Asians contrast sharply with the victim mentality and now entitlement mentality of American blacks. That is what separates just about every group, including the Latinos from the American blacks.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Anyone comparing the results of slavery with other immigration and not seeing the difference is clueless.
American blacks for generations now have equal rights and I’d argue extra rights than just about every other group in the U.S. No other group gets the attention and extra care from the government, companies and industries than black Americans. One cry of racism from blacks and literally politicians and all sorts of community leaders come out and denounce this or that. Look at government employees in many cities, most are black. Tell me that is proportional to their population. Look at TV and movies. Just about every commercial feature blacks. Where are the Asians represented? Black characters in movies and shows now are always portrayed as good, while only the bad characters are white. And we know in real life, this is far from the truth.

Basically the racial discrimination have flipped or reversed. I am not saying this is right or wrong but it is obvious to anyone that blacks can no longer claim any disadvantages. They have all the advantages and yet many still can’t get out of poverty even with a ton of government aid.

Last edited by antinimby; 03-05-2018 at 03:17 AM..

Old 03-05-2018, 03:16 AM

And yes, because the Left has turned even the talk about race particularly when it comes to talking about black people, as racist, all valid discussions just gets shutdown.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:13 AM

857 posts, read 835,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
American blacks for generations now have equal rights and I’d argue extra rights than just about every other group in the U.S. No other group gets the attention and extra care from the government, companies and industries than black Americans. One cry of racism from blacks and literally politicians and all sorts of community leaders come out and denounce this or that. Look at government employees in many cities, most are black. Tell me that is proportional to their population. Look at TV and movies. Just about every commercial feature blacks. Where are the Asians represented? Black characters in movies and shows now are always portrayed as good, while only the bad characters are white. And we know in real life, this is far from the truth.

Basically the racial discrimination have flipped or reversed. I am not saying this is right or wrong but it is obvious to anyone that blacks can no longer claim any disadvantages. They have all the advantages and yet many still can’t get out of poverty even with a ton of government aid.
You just mentioned in another post how most Asians got their degrees with the help of the parents who work and saved running small businesses. That’s one generation. The blacks that are my age are the children of people who grew up under segregation. Slavery might have ended 150 years ago but civil rights were not equal until my generation. That’s hardly the same immigrant experience as the Chinese. When my great grandfather came from Germany he had some cash in his pocket along with the right to buy property and open a business. The majority of blacks his age were slaves.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:16 AM

23,560 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
You just mentioned in another post how most Asians got their degrees with the help of the parents who work and saved running small businesses. That’s one generation. The blacks that are my age are the children of people who grew up under segregation. Slavery might have ended 150 years ago but civil rights were not equal until my generation. That’s hardly the same immigrant experience as the Chinese. When my great grandfather came from Germany he had some cash in his pocket along with the right to buy property and open a business. The majority of blacks his age were slaves.
When you fail to move forward, the past catches up to envelope you in a web of immobility and degradation.

You'd think the axis powers won WW2 with all their products on the market and roadways. What is the proper amount of time to mourn past transgressions?

Germans were persona non grata in the WW era. Suspected of spying and sabotage.

Italians were not held in high esteem.

Poles and Danes were looked down upon.

Point is everyone got over the bad times and moved on. Holding a grudge is like a drowning man refusing to let go of the anchor dragging him down to his death.

Make all the excuses you want, just know that anchor is taking deeper into despair.

Clinging to the anchor is a one way trip.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Stop with the great grand father BS. What is stopping the ghetto blacks, some dealing drugs that make more money than many legitimate businesses from teaching their children to behave, study, and start businesses? (Like that would ever happen. More like let them run around, have children with multiple baby mamas/daddies, sign up for free housing, free healthcare, foodstamps, welfare, free college, etc.).

God nows there are endless programs designed to help inner cities now that the rest of us wouldn’t get (and ironically, paid for by the succker middle class and upper classes with our ever skyhigh taxes no less).

You are nothing but apologists. That’s okay. 50 years from now, and 100 years from now, the same ghetto people will still be doing their ghetto thing and it was because they did not have some cash like your great grand father did.

Last edited by antinimby; 03-05-2018 at 06:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey