Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:17 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Advertisements

replay of 2006.... these situations reveal the culture of NJ government which selects seriously flawed appointees and voters seriously flawed elected officials. It is only partisan politics that exposes these situations not the pretense of an ethical government

"TRENTON, N.J. — New Jersey’s attorney general resigned Tuesday after a special prosecutor concluded she violated state ethics laws by intervening in a traffic stop involving her boyfriend.
Zulima Farber, who will step down at the end of the month, said she is leaving office “out of respect for the governor” and not because she was asked to do so."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 08:16 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbound16 View Post
Makes you wonder how this all would’ve played out if a minority acted like her and got that close to a cop, especially in the South....
......or LA, NYC, Chicago, Newark.......................

Old 04-30-2018, 08:18 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
What threat to society was being posed by those people and that car ?
No threat at all. Your point?

Old 04-30-2018, 10:53 AM

4,181 posts, read 5,063,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
No threat at all. Your point?
The point is, the punishment does not fit the violation.

A monetary fine, along with a stern verbal warning, would have more than sufficed.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:13 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
Quote:
What threat to society was being posed by those people and that car ?
Like a moth at a lightbulb, you keep coming back and hitting yourself in the head.

OK, so let's play your silly game.

Let's say the cops let this guy drive off as you wished. He hits a car at the next corner. Lo and behold it's someone in YOUR family. As they're carted off in an ambulance, you catch wind of the prior traffic stop and that some Port Authority muckety-muck talked the cops out of impounding the car.

This guy is in an unregistered and uninsured vehicle. Oh yeah, the grad student probably doesn't have much to his name, not that such a wonderful person like you would ever file suit.

Now, set your little halo on your head and tell us your reaction...

Well, I for one, like to see the cops do their job. I'm proud of those two. I just regret that they didn't succinctly advise her that:

1) Ma'am this does not concern you OR your daughter.
2) Please get back in your car and leave.
3) If not, you'll be cited for failing to follow the instructions of a police office (another Title 39 offense).
4) If she would like, she may discuss the incident with a supervisor AT the police station.
5) If you do not leave in 5 minutes, we will bring you to the police station and impound your call as well (unless she delegates one of the people in the other car to drive it).

We've got enough people that "think" they're above the law. Time to call them out and hold them to task.

Old 04-30-2018, 12:18 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,063,818 times
Nah, I'm not hitting myself in the head -- it's just apparent that this forum is populated by obedient zombies, who would quickly give up their freedom for "security".

Old 04-30-2018, 01:30 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,869,313 times
That's actually not what this is about at all.

There's a car on the road that's not registered and therefore not insured. It shouldn't be on the road, period.

You want to build your own jalopy with tape and hope and drive it around your yard? Awesome, have at it. But don't bring that thing on public roads where cars have a bare minimum of responsibility for ownership. Registering a car is not difficult, avoiding is is simply being a lazy cheapskate, not celebrating your freedoms, and it's shady logic for you to claim that's where your concerns are.

I mean, I assume your car isn't registered so you can celebrate your freedom, right? And you don't pay any of that tricky insurance, right?

Old 04-30-2018, 02:19 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
The point is, the punishment does not fit the violation.

A monetary fine, along with a stern verbal warning, would have more than sufficed.
I disagree,that does nothing to protect the other drivers on the road from someone "NOT FOLLOWING" the law.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:20 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Nah, I'm not hitting myself in the head -- it's just apparent that this forum is populated by obedient zombies, who would quickly give up their freedom for "security".
OR,.......Law abiding citizens.

Old 04-30-2018, 02:39 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:

This is real life.

And you are not Ron Swanson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey