Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 11:55 AM

1,845 posts, read 1,496,568 times

Advertisements

Obviously, I wrote a post yesterday about too many Baby Boomers in NJ. Well, the day after I wrote that post (today), here's what happened.

I saw an old man and his wife walking on Ridgedale Avenue in East Hanover. I went inside Ridgedale Medical in East Hanover to get my records of my last appointment. I wait to turn left to leave the place and the couple was getting closer and closer to the driveway, but not too far. In order for me to look both ways, I had to edge up (blocking the sidewalk) and I was hoping I could make the left turn before they cross the driveway. The woman was smart enough to walk behind my car, but out of spite, the man literally walked in front of my car slowly and then he death stared at my car and he said something. I couldn't hear his voice, because it was fuzzy, but while he was staring at it, he said something like, "[Blah blah blah], so I can walk!" I know it's bad to block a crosswalk or a sidewalk, but I needed to see. But, are you stupid enough to walk in front of my car out of spite? Seriously, I can't trust any of the Boomers that live in NJ. There are too many of them here. They always seem very suspicious of people. My mom's from the West Coast and people of all ages never feel suspicious of anyone.

In a place like Newark, people are smart enough to walk behind the car if a crosswalk is blocked. I know this is not Newark and of course nobody should drive in the suburbs the way they would in Newark.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:57 AM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
Obviously, I wrote a post yesterday about too many Baby Boomers in NJ. Well, the day after I wrote that post (today), here's what happened.

I saw an old man and his wife walking on Ridgedale Avenue in East Hanover. I went inside Ridgedale Medical in East Hanover to get my records of my last appointment. I wait to turn left to leave the place and the couple was getting closer and closer to the driveway, but not too far. In order for me to look both ways, I had to edge up (blocking the sidewalk) and I was hoping I could make the left turn before they cross the driveway. The woman was smart enough to walk behind my car, but out of spite, the man literally walked in front of my car slowly and then he death stared at my car and he said something. I couldn't hear his voice, because it was fuzzy, but while he was staring at it, he said something like, "[Blah blah blah], so I can walk!" I know it's bad to block a crosswalk or a sidewalk, but I needed to see. But, are you stupid enough to walk in front of my car out of spite? Seriously, I can't trust any of the Boomers that live in NJ. There are too many of them here. They always seem very suspicious of people. My mom's from the West Coast and people of all ages never feel suspicious of anyone.

In a place like Newark, people are smart enough to walk behind the car if a crosswalk is blocked. I know this is not Newark and of course nobody should drive in the suburbs the way they would in Newark.
You keep mixing "Boomers" and "old people" in your posts as if they are the same thing.

I think you are a very confused young man. And maybe a bit paranoid besides. Certainly lacking in respect. There's nowhere you need to be that's so important that you can't wait one minute and let someone cross before you pull out.

These people aren't staring at your car. You know that...right?

Old 08-01-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You keep mixing "Boomers" and "old people" in your posts as if they are the same thing.

I think you are a very confused young man. And maybe a bit paranoid besides. Certainly lacking in respect. There's nowhere you need to be that's so important that you can't wait one minute and let someone cross before you pull out.

These people aren't staring at your car. You know that...right?
Yes all the Boomers do the same **** every effing day when I go out anywhere in NJ! I'm tired of going out anywhere in NJ, because this place is like Florida. This is why people do their shopping online to avoid the public.

Last edited by GiantRutgersfan; 08-01-2018 at 05:45 PM..

Old 08-01-2018, 12:03 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,968,050 times
Quote:
I went inside Ridgedale Medical in East Hanover to get my records of my last appointment.
Were they mental health records?

Old 08-01-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Were they mental health records?
No, I don't have mental health problems on my records. The records were from a routine checkup and nothing was bad on there. I could lower the sugar in my blood a little.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:25 PM

10,486 posts, read 7,019,483 times
I would say this has nothing to do with boomers but idiots. Last summer I was at an intersection making a right turn, I had to stop because of an on coming car. I let off the clutch turn my head right and boom hit some punk 22 year old walking in front of my car. Idiot should of walked behind of me. Its not old people but also their offspring lol

Old 08-01-2018, 12:29 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,871,849 times
You should just stay home because someone looked at you. It's the only obvious choice.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
I would say this has nothing to do with boomers but idiots. Last summer I was at an intersection making a right turn, I had to stop because of an on coming car. I let off the clutch turn my head right and boom hit some punk 22 year old walking in front of my car. Idiot should of walked behind of me. Its not old people but also their offspring lol
I hate when people refer to to young people as punks. I am not sure if the 22 year was actually a "punk". My parents always do that. They see younger people in the driver's seat of a car and refer to them as punks. This is why I need window tint. I don't want someone to see my age or race.

But you were right, the idiot should not have walked in front of your car. Even the ghetto people in Newark know better to walk behind the car.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
You should just stay home because someone looked at you. It's the only obvious choice.
I could have gotten my records on the Summit Medical Portal online instead of wasting my time going. My mom wanted hard copies though for her own record.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:34 PM

10,486 posts, read 7,019,483 times
Quote:
I hate when people refer to to young people as punks. I am not sure if the 22 year was actually a "punk". My parents always do that. They see younger people in the driver's seat of a car and refer to them as punks. This is why I need window tint. I don't want someone to see my age or race.

But you were right, the idiot should not have walked in front of your car. Even the ghetto people in Newark know better to walk behind the car.
So it's ok to say foul things about boomers, but not ok to say language about a 22 year old? Let me guess you're a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey