Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2016, 09:09 AM

12 posts, read 104,817 times

Advertisements

hi...

i'm interested in the mill pointe condos in edison, nj but i'm hesitant because they are so damn cheap... i did research to see what the deal was but couldn't find anything... any ideas?

are they difficult to get a mortgage for? is there a flooding issue? structural? lawsuits? too collegiate and noisy? difficult to rent out?

what am i missing?

they range in price from about 100k+ for a 2br/1ba..

thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 10:02 AM

462 posts, read 549,656 times
From what little I know of them (admittedly just from a friend who lives nearby), they are collegiate and noisy garden apartments. I know they are right off the turnpike and I believe 287 so I have to think road noise is an issue. Most of the units are rented out so the upkeep is shaky at best.

If you are buying to rent out or you are just starting out in the working world and just want to build some equity and get a tax writeoff but have limited funds, then you might consider it.

When I see something for a price that seems too good to be true I always think of my mother (may she rest in peace). She used to tell me all the time that "you get what you pay for". My mother was a very smart lady.

Old 02-18-2016, 10:40 AM

thanks madbach... i was thinking of renting them out but i've never been a landlord before... i'm pretty handy so i'm not too concerned about having to fix things... i just live about an hour away... can anyone recommend a decent realtor in the area?

Old 02-18-2016, 11:56 AM

21 posts, read 25,960 times
Truth to above. They have a lot of problems with parking because of the school and people staying over etc.,., They area rented out easily too because of metropark and wood ave being so easy to get to. that means people coming and going alot.

its a busy place that is in an awesome location

(I worked on wood ave, commuted from metropark)

Old 05-13-2017, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,179 times
Default Mill Pointe Edison

Hey did you end up buying the Mill Pointe Edison condo as an investment? How did it go?

Old 06-05-2017, 09:03 AM

nope... didn't buy it... asked a realtor about it and even they didn't recommend.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:16 PM

66 posts, read 85,079 times
I'm currently thinking about investing in Mill Pointe. What did the realtor say about it and why didn't they recommend it? Thanks danxp. Really appreciate any information you can give. Also if you know the name of the realtor you called, could you share with me?

Old 03-20-2019, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,374 times
Default All

Don’t waste your time. They do not fix anything here. They are so much in debt because the property management the day that here seven years ago was stealing money from the community. They have so many unit owners that are in the rears here and I’m talking about thousands and thousands of dollars that they’re having problems getting them out so everyone else in the community keeps getting their maintenance fee raised an association fees to be covering the people that haven’t been paid. So anyone coming in is paying a fee to come in for different things and is released to help them out to get out of the hole don’t bother.

Old 03-21-2019, 03:28 PM

19,114 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarti29 View Post
They have so many unit owners that are in the rears here
Nobody lives in the units at the front of the development?

Old 03-21-2019, 05:03 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Nobody lives in the units at the front of the development?
Good one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey