Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2020, 08:03 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times

Advertisements

If you had to pick an NJ town to live in for every season, which ones would you choose, and why? For me, it would be:

Summer- Cape May. The why is obvious. The town with its shops, restaurants, bars, and nightlife. Beaches, farms, wineries, breweries, the Bay and the park there with the lighthouse, you can also go anywhere else in the county easily...like Wildwood for the dog beach.

Autumn- Lambertville. Seems like the perfect vibe/scenery with the rustic mill town feel, you see the tree foliage along the river banks, and New Hope is a walk away for a two-for-one deal. Both towns are very fun and pretty places.

Winter- Red Bank. I don’t ski; I’d rather be in Miami. So, what would appeal to me? Just give me a vibrant town that decks itself out and gets in the holiday spirit. Morristown would be good as well, but hey...Red Bank is closer to the shore, although not ON the shore. They are probably a few degrees warmer in the winter as a result, so give me that!

Spring- Hoboken. The lost season for me; it has no identity except the end of winter (which does make me happy!). So I guess give me a place that is good to walk around and be outside, but it doesn’t have to be the shore because it’s not yet hot enough for the beach. Hoboken works for me. Great town, great parks, nice walks along the river with great views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 09:08 PM

10,431 posts, read 6,954,235 times
Summer - LBI, personal favorite beach town not saying more because id rather not have people invade the island.

Autumn - Morristown, nice downtown with events through autumn, short drive to all the nice hiking places and local farms for apple, pumpkin picking.

Winter - Morristown, lets face it winter is miserable in NJ at least morristown offers a central place to go out to the Poconos or upstate skiing. Lots of bars and resturants in winter to go out.

Spring - Hoboken, although spring doesnt exist in the state (we go from 32 degrees to 80 degrees), its a nice walkable area for those early warm days.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:58 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Summer - LBI, personal favorite beach town not saying more because id rather not have people invade the island.

Autumn - Morristown, nice downtown with events through autumn, short drive to all the nice hiking places and local farms for apple, pumpkin picking.

Winter - Morristown, lets face it winter is miserable in NJ at least morristown offers a central place to go out to the Poconos or upstate skiing. Lots of bars and resturants in winter to go out.

Spring - Hoboken, although spring doesnt exist in the state (we go from 32 degrees to 80 degrees), its a nice walkable area for those early warm days.
Cheating! You can’t pick Morristown twice! One season per town.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:57 PM

1,387 posts, read 4,015,143 times
Spring: Belleville. A little Tudor-style house or CHC on a tree-lined street. I want to be close to Branch Brook Park and all the amazing cherry blossoms that bloom there in the Spring!

Summer: Mantoloking. A nice contemporary-style beach house with lots of glass windows and views of the ocean. The beach as the backyard would be perfection.

Autumn: Fredon. Take me up to the mountains of Sussex county, surrounded by tons of trees changing in a variety of colors. A country-style house on a hill with a wrap-around porch and a firepit.

Winter: Vernon. A nice wooden log cabin with a fireplace and some winter activity options nearby.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:27 PM

961 posts, read 721,516 times
Summer - Margate. Could pick from many shore towns, but this one may be my favorite.

Autumn - Princeton. NOTHING beats a college town in the fall for me.

Winter - Hoboken (I don't ski, so may as well ride out the winter at home with access to my whiskey collection)

Spring - Spring Lake. Get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey