Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:25 AM

253 posts, read 1,267,118 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry. 15 years? I don't know. I'm a firm believer in education and If the school sysem doesn't improve drastically and if many of these parents continue to be everything but PARENTS, then this same cycle in Newark will continue onto the next generation. You can put make-up and new houses and pretty trees all around the city of Newark, but until you address the bigger issue . . . the people and the problems that exist because of the people, whether it's poverty, education, drug abuse, whatever. . . . in 15 years the city will remain as it is now, only with a new generation. In 15 years you can transform the city. They have to start now with education especially with the children who are toddlers now, 3,4 and 5 year olds. In 15 years, they'll all be adults and what they become will be a large reflection on Newark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 09:33 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post
I'm sorry. 15 years? I don't know. I'm a firm believer in education and If the school sysem doesn't improve drastically and if many of these parents continue to be everything but PARENTS, then this same cycle in Newark will continue onto the next generation. You can put make-up and new houses and pretty trees all around the city of Newark, but until you address the bigger issue . . . the people and the problems that exist because of the people, whether it's poverty, education, drug abuse, whatever. . . . in 15 years the city will remain as it is now, only with a new generation. In 15 years you can transform the city. They have to start now with education especially with the children who are toddlers now, 3,4 and 5 year olds. In 15 years, they'll all be adults and what they become will be a large reflection on Newark.
My post was about buying in newark from an investment point of view. NYC public schools are not the greatest either and if I'm not mistaken crime still exist there, granted NYC is much bigger but still, from an economic redevelopment perspective, newark is a risk worth taking. Further down the road, hopefully Newark will have it's own "Giulani" mayor that will concentrate on the quality of life aspects of the city, i.e. homelessness and crime as well as education & poverty. But again, if the people of newark CHOOSE to remain bums, addicts and convicts that's on them, not because an effort was not given to transform their city alongside their lives.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Mr. Berkowitz aka son of sam is still in prison, Bernie is out & about if I'm not mistaken.
Thats it!! David Berkowitz!! Geez is there anything you dont know? Yes Bernie is out........I remember jis release was on the front pages of every newspaper.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
Thats it!! David Berkowitz!! Geez is there anything you dont know? Yes Bernie is out........I remember jis release was on the front pages of every newspaper.

I claim no such knowledge of anything, for I'm a student of nothing, a teacher of some things and a master of everything, lord of wisdom, yeah, you got it, I'm God! (At least I play one online)

Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 AM

Yeah well I gave God a rep then!!

Old 05-07-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
Yeah well I gave God a rep then!!
Thank you my child :atting you over the head::::

Old 05-07-2008, 09:59 AM

I feel so blessed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: