Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 07:23 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I just sold my late mother's house, which needs a ton of updating, for asking price. Good buyer, waived inspection contingencies, 30% down, financially solid, and wants to close asap.
I assume you probably have a very well taken care of home.

But, I wonder if people waiving inspection contigencies (and Appraisals too) will harm them down the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2021, 07:37 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
woohoo!!!! dinner is on mightyqueen!!!! retriever will bring the maters!!!
Eh, I come from a big family. Estate has to be split eight ways. Looks like a mess of chicken nuggets and fries for everybody.

Old 04-23-2021, 08:05 AM

12,159 posts, read 7,985,265 times
Quote:
Eh, I come from a big family. Estate has to be split eight ways. Looks like a mess of chicken nuggets and fries for everybody.
Lol know the feeling. It gets messy fast.

My mom has 14 siblings. Yes same father lol. The 1.4ml property, 3 bed 2bath home built in 1955, Boston her parents owned got split 14 ways. After everything and a lot of fights and hears of lawyers-and stuff. I think everyone got 25k lol

Old 04-23-2021, 08:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
Quote:
woohoo!!!!! chicken nuggets!!!

you see the new chick fila in hazlet? thing has had a line all around it past the movie theater every time i look over there. amazing how desperate people are for mediocre chicken sandwiches.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:16 AM

7 posts, read 3,230 times
how about this one:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...39258481_zpid/

$600k in Holmdel near the park. taxes $12k a year

Old 04-29-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC_livin_easy View Post
how about this one:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2...39258481_zpid/

$600k in Holmdel near the park. taxes $12k a year
even comes with a barn thing!

Old 04-29-2021, 11:10 AM

8 posts, read 6,371 times
It is a wild market right now. There could be 46 homes for sale, but there are currently 0 in my price range. On top of that, with Holmdel, you need to be cognizant where the house is relative to the parkway. Don't mind it being close, but don't want to be able to see it from my backyard. We are also being picky as we want to be on the Holmdel Park side of the parkway if possible. It's amazing just comparing what sold last year and in 2019. The houses you get back then compared to now is just insane.

Now if you are looking in Colts Neck, a new house or two lists everyday. Most people bought their homes at the height of the market then the housing crash in 2008 really hurt them. Home values never truly recovered there. With where prices are now, sellers are trying to take advantage and make back the money they had lost.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:13 AM

8 posts, read 6,371 times
The suburbs around NYC have truly driven up the market. With historical low rates, people are willing to pay more. Rates are gradually increasing which will lower the demand. As the city opens back up in September, I hope to see supply increase. This will gradually turn back into a buyers market. On top of that, builders aren't building like they used to. The price of lumber is through the roof. Most people tend to stay longer in their current houses. It's an interesting market right now.

Old 04-29-2021, 11:54 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
woohoo!!!!! chicken nuggets!!!

you see the new chick fila in hazlet? thing has had a line all around it past the movie theater every time i look over there. amazing how desperate people are for mediocre chicken sandwiches.
Never had one. If I want fried chicken of some sort, I've got a Popeyes five minutes away.

I don't eat much fried food, though. Once a year or so, and it's usually fish and chips.

Old 04-29-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Never had one. If I want fried chicken of some sort, I've got a Popeyes five minutes away.

I don't eat much fried food, though. Once a year or so, and it's usually fish and chips.
i had a chick fil a in my college food court so ive had chik fil a many times. its good but not good enough to wait. i like popeyes better but popeyes is a different thing. popeyes is more bone in chicken whereas chik fil a is chicken breast sandwiches and little nugget things.

i also generally avoid fried foods so even though i love popeyes, i dont remember the last time i had it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey