Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2021, 06:46 AM

16 posts, read 19,461 times

Advertisements

For the finances on saving money isn’t part of the equation. I like the technology and the back up capability. What I am really concerned about is whether or not solar devalues my home. I am not looking for it to increase value but to figure out if it diminishes desirability at then time I would consider selling it. I am considering an install with considerable batter backup power for overnight powering and power outages. I’d be interested in reading other’s experiences and any realtors who have informed knowledge would be great. Appreciate the thoughts in advance.

Cheers
Rob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 10:14 AM

23,882 posts, read 33,614,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob0115 View Post
For the finances on saving money isn’t part of the equation. I like the technology and the back up capability. What I am really concerned about is whether or not solar devalues my home. I am not looking for it to increase value but to figure out if it diminishes desirability at then time I would consider selling it. I am considering an install with considerable batter backup power for overnight powering and power outages. I’d be interested in reading other’s experiences and any realtors who have informed knowledge would be great. Appreciate the thoughts in advance.

Cheers
Rob

Your question would be better in the real estate section.

I'm in South Jersey, we have solar that's leased. It has saved a lot of money, especially in the summer. No more $600+ electric bills.

Old 07-12-2021, 05:28 PM

50,904 posts, read 36,601,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob0115 View Post

Cheers
Rob
Resale is going to depend on whether you lease the panels or own them. Leasing will repel many buyers because they are forced to take over the lease.

Old 07-12-2021, 05:59 PM

16 posts, read 19,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Resale is going to depend on whether you lease the panels or own them. Leasing will repel many buyers because they are forced to take over the lease.
Purchase not a lease. In the event I sold they would own them outright.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:30 PM

185 posts, read 138,172 times
Few in Rumson want to see solar panels on their roof.
Aesthetically, it looks like crap and aesthetics matter in Rumson.

Old 07-12-2021, 08:37 PM

98 posts, read 175,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_J View Post
Few in Rumson want to see solar panels on their roof.
Aesthetically, it looks like crap and aesthetics matter in Rumson.
Not all panels look so bad, such as the expensive Tesla solar roof shingles that look pretty much like a regular roof.

Also if happen to have the house positioned such that the back roof faces the south (most optimal for maximum solar production) at least the panels mounted in the back wont be visible from the front of house.

Too bad the NJ srec credit programs aren't so good anymore a few years ago you could have nearly doubled your upfront outlay for the panels by selling srec certificates over 15 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: