Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2021, 07:19 AM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Since you'll be treating, I'll go easy on your wallet -- a chicken sandwich, fries, and a soda.

Florio was a pragmatic Governor. Alot like Bill Clinton, but sorely lacking in personality. Timing, in life, is everything. Jim was crucified by NJ 101.5 FM, then we got stuck with 8 years of Christie Whitless. She nearly lost in '97 to McGreevey, then she went on to be W's butt-kisser & 9-11 cover-up accomplice.

Corzine ? He was never the same after that accident on the NJ Turnpike. There were murmurs that the NJSP set him up for it. So much for Dem's being beholden to police unions.
Corzine???

The goldman sachs alum who Biden claimed that when he and barach needed advice on economics they went to Jon corzine.

Corzine, former chairman of Goldman Sachs, was one of Obama's main link to wall st ... He bundled more than $100,000 for Hillary Clinton during the 2008 ... then corzine ran into financial trouble and bailed out by his connection with hillary and obama

corzine an economic guru, left Nj as he found it, in financial disrepair.

then we have another GS alum in murphy. Goldman sachs must have a trophy room for alum, a hall to hang the elected positions purchased by their elitist leaders. Check out articles from the NYTs, investopedia, wiki and other sources listing all the 'Government Sachs' alum who moved into government positions around the world. NJ apparently is easy pickings for GS alum to purchase an elected position. no experience necessary. Corzine handed off the baton to murphy in a relay race to run NJ for fun and profit. Repubs were conditioned not to show up at the polls and dems owned the voters in the population centers. Easy pickings for uber elite wealthy class who had no skin in the game.

Florio free in 93 ,was the battle cry, taxes and gun laws did florio in

CW's hubby got involved in the replacement of the Victory Bridger from PA to SA, a lucrative opportunity

Didn't believe the stories about McGrevey in Fords Park, it was a, so what. Who cares....until he made his confidant head of NJ's security. The guy was personable and would show up for different community events, funerals and promotions. He was a nice guy, Golan Cipel was his big mistake.

CC started out great, got involved in national politics and abandoned his role as gov in NJ. Accused on 'political revenge' by dems, two were convicted and then acquitted as the world laughed at Nj and the thought that political revenge was a prosecutable crime. The media was silent on the acquittal but apoplectic on the prospect of conviction. The mark of a one party state.

NJ is a one party state devoid of the much heralded political diversity.

NJ is a case study of what happens when diversity is shunned.

Elect a repub gov and the legislature is dominated by dems... not a lot going to be accomplished in terms of new ideas or compromise. Creativity and imagination have been banned in NJ politics, their substitute is taxpayer money.

The gold dome in Trenton should have an inscription above their portals, 'FIRST DO NO HARM'. Which does not imply, 'do nothing'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 01:21 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Corzine???

The goldman sachs alum who Biden claimed that when he and barach needed advice on economics they went to Jon corzine.

Corzine, former chairman of Goldman Sachs, was one of Obama's main link to wall st ... He bundled more than $100,000 for Hillary Clinton during the 2008 ... then corzine ran into financial trouble and bailed out by his connection with hillary and obama

corzine an economic guru, left Nj as he found it, in financial disrepair.

then we have another GS alum in murphy. Goldman sachs must have a trophy room for alum, a hall to hang the elected positions purchased by their elitist leaders. Check out articles from the NYTs, investopedia, wiki and other sources listing all the 'Government Sachs' alum who moved into government positions around the world. NJ apparently is easy pickings for GS alum to purchase an elected position. no experience necessary. Corzine handed off the baton to murphy in a relay race to run NJ for fun and profit. Repubs were conditioned not to show up at the polls and dems owned the voters in the population centers. Easy pickings for uber elite wealthy class who had no skin in the game.

Florio free in 93 ,was the battle cry, taxes and gun laws did florio in

CW's hubby got involved in the replacement of the Victory Bridger from PA to SA, a lucrative opportunity

Didn't believe the stories about McGrevey in Fords Park, it was a, so what. Who cares....until he made his confidant head of NJ's security. The guy was personable and would show up for different community events, funerals and promotions. He was a nice guy, Golan Cipel was his big mistake.

CC started out great, got involved in national politics and abandoned his role as gov in NJ. Accused on 'political revenge' by dems, two were convicted and then acquitted as the world laughed at Nj and the thought that political revenge was a prosecutable crime. The media was silent on the acquittal but apoplectic on the prospect of conviction. The mark of a one party state.

NJ is a one party state devoid of the much heralded political diversity.

NJ is a case study of what happens when diversity is shunned.

Elect a repub gov and the legislature is dominated by dems... not a lot going to be accomplished in terms of new ideas or compromise. Creativity and imagination have been banned in NJ politics, their substitute is taxpayer money.

The gold dome in Trenton should have an inscription above their portals, 'FIRST DO NO HARM'. Which does not imply, 'do nothing'.
Don't forget to add our former Treasury Secretary Steve Menuchin to that list.

Old 09-29-2021, 02:50 PM

19,132 posts, read 25,341,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Don't forget to add our former Treasury Secretary Steve Menuchin to that list.
+ Gary Cohn
+ James Donavan
+ Steve Bannon

Our low-information... friend... conveniently omits (or is ignorant of) all of the Goldman Sachs alumni who were hired by the T**** administration. It actually got to the point where the CEO of GS termed it an "inconvenience" to have so many of his people hired in D.C. in 2017.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...nience-n757076

Old 09-30-2021, 09:52 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,844,219 times
Glad I didn't mention anything Goldman Sachs, I don't see the relevance in that in a Governor's race anyways.

I would only hope that We The People, this time in New Jersey.. will elect as a Representative of said We The People (the people of New Jersey..)

... an alternate ideology than Governor Phil Murphy.

And I thought it was Bill De Blasio was from Massachusetts. Murphy is/was as well? That I did not know. I say again, I have heard NJ referred to as "Mass Lite."

This is my hope, the Blue voters usually prevail in an election here.. as ocnjgirl pointed out, I just hope they try to give a fellow with an R next to their name another shot.

And hope and pray that they are not another 1. Do-Nothing Republican, or 2. A RINO, a.k.a. a Democrat.

Glad to see at least one poster made mention of the Florio ban on certain firearms; I can tell you, NJ has done very, very, very well on maintaining their status as one of THE most restrictive Gun Law states in the entire Union.. People from NJ generally believe "You don't need a gun, we have police." Now go to South Georgia, where guns grow on trees and about 1/2 to 1/3 of EVERYONE is carrying...

What are the objections to Jack, again? Maybe we can start there.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:00 AM

306 posts, read 203,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Glad I didn't mention anything Goldman Sachs, I don't see the relevance in that in a Governor's race anyways.

I would only hope that We The People, this time in New Jersey.. will elect as a Representative of said We The People (the people of New Jersey..)

... an alternate ideology than Governor Phil Murphy.

And I thought it was Bill De Blasio was from Massachusetts. Murphy is/was as well? That I did not know. I say again, I have heard NJ referred to as "Mass Lite."

This is my hope, the Blue voters usually prevail in an election here.. as ocnjgirl pointed out, I just hope they try to give a fellow with an R next to their name another shot.

And hope and pray that they are not another 1. Do-Nothing Republican, or 2. A RINO, a.k.a. a Democrat.

Glad to see at least one poster made mention of the Florio ban on certain firearms; I can tell you, NJ has done very, very, very well on maintaining their status as one of THE most restrictive Gun Law states in the entire Union.. People from NJ generally believe "You don't need a gun, we have police." Now go to South Georgia, where guns grow on trees and about 1/2 to 1/3 of EVERYONE is carrying...

What are the objections to Jack, again? Maybe we can start there.
He's a Republican, and the Republican party is now a personality cult, worshipping a 75 year old trust fund child. To me, any Republican who publicly supports Trump or the direction the party is headed, simply isn't an option. A party that once stood for something, now stands for nothing more than fealty to someone who very obviously doesn't care about this country or working people, yet they label any of their own that has maintained their principles as a 'RINO'. I'm not enthusiastic about the Democratic party, but at least they are grounded in reality.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baycurious123 View Post
He's a Republican, and the Republican party is now a personality cult, worshipping a 75 year old trust fund child. To me, any Republican who publicly supports Trump or the direction the party is headed, simply isn't an option. A party that once stood for something, now stands for nothing, yet they label any of their own that has maintained their principles as a 'RINO'. I'm not enthusiastic about the Democratic party, but at least they are grounded in reality.
Who is a 75 year-old Trust Fund Child?

If you are talking about Former President Donald John Trump.. Are you really trying to say that he didn't have remarkable business prowess and made his money along that avenue.. yes, including Bankruptcy Reorganizations, which only helps preserve one's wealth, as other amazing figures such as Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson have done?

Flip your sentence around, starting with "Democrat, and the Democratic party is now the cult of Anti-Trump" and your sentence makes sense.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baycurious123 View Post
He's a Republican, and the Republican party is now a personality cult, worshipping a 75 year old trust fund child. To me, any Republican who publicly supports Trump or the direction the party is headed, simply isn't an option. A party that once stood for something, now stands for nothing more than fealty to someone who very obviously doesn't care about this country or working people, yet they label any of their own that has maintained their principles as a 'RINO'. I'm not enthusiastic about the Democratic party, but at least they are grounded in reality.
I just realized, you didnt address https://www.jack4nj.com/ at all, you just put up some kind of anti-Trump post. I think that proves my point.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:21 AM

One thing that sucks about Jack, is that he looks a little bit like a younger, not as wrinkly, slightly less snake-like Cuomo.

But there is a resemblance.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I just realized, you didnt address https://www.jack4nj.com/ at all, you just put up some kind of anti-Trump post. I think that proves my point.
Trump is inseparable from the GOP now. Jack doesn't exist in isolation. He seems like a reasonable candidate, but the GOP are now the party of Trump, so that makes him someone that I couldn't consider voting for. It's that simple.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Who is a 75 year-old Trust Fund Child?

If you are talking about Former President Donald John Trump.. Are you really trying to say that he didn't have remarkable business prowess and made his money along that avenue.. yes, including Bankruptcy Reorganizations, which only helps preserve one's wealth, as other amazing figures such as Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson have done?

Flip your sentence around, starting with "Democrat, and the Democratic party is now the cult of Anti-Trump" and your sentence makes sense.
He inherited hundreds of millions of dollars from his father. I know you people are impervious to information, but that is objectively documented fact.

There isn't any point trying to communicate with someone who can't be reasoned with, so I'm not going to bother trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey