Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2021, 04:11 AM

14 posts, read 20,772 times

Advertisements

HHI: 300K
Budget: 900k
Family of 4 with 2 kids (4.5 and 2)
Work location: Princeton
Ethnicity: Indian

Looking to buy SFH or townhouse. Prefer SFH with backyard ( but can compromise if needed)
Criteria:good school district, good house condition, diversity (don’t want too many people of same ethnicity)

Which of the following areas would you recommend:

Princeton
Princeton junction
Rest of west Windsor
Montgomery
South Brunswick
Pennington
Philly (Yardley / Newtown / etc)
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2021, 06:43 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,173,625 times
Pennington/Hopewell Township.

Old 12-24-2021, 07:32 AM

Thx . Can you share your reasoning as well? TIA

Old 12-24-2021, 08:53 AM

158 posts, read 195,624 times
I use to work in Princeton, and I've visited Lambertville many times. I like Pennington. It depends what you like. If you like farms, quiet, and space, I wouldn't do Philly, South Brunswick, or Princeton. I think South Brunswick starts to get too busy and traffic... Philly is to much city and traffic for me. I need a lot of space, or quiet. When I drive on a country road, like on my day off, I don't want to feel pressured or cramped. Princeton is nice but if you're too close to the university the streets feel small, lol, too much traffic. But Princeton can also be exciting. It depends what you like.

Old 12-24-2021, 09:17 AM

^Lol I am more confused now. You didn’t speak about Princeton junction / west Windsor ? Any thoughts on them?

Old 12-24-2021, 12:21 PM

161 posts, read 129,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldyubt2504 View Post
^Lol I am more confused now. You didn’t speak about Princeton junction / west Windsor ? Any thoughts on them?
West Windsor and Plainsboro are Asian-dominant… Plainsboro in particular resembles Edison, NJ in terms of being primarily composed of Asian Indians.

Princeton has a more balanced ethnic mix but is astronomically expensive, and far from the NJ turnpike. Rt. 1 and 206 are the major roads and have heavy traffic near Princeton. Pennington and Montgomery are similarly disconnected.

South Brunswick is a lot like Plainsboro.

Yardley has a different feel from the neighboring NJ towns, it’s significantly less diverse. The taxes are the big draw there. You’ll save a ton.

All of these towns have outstanding schools and are safe.

Old 12-24-2021, 06:32 PM

206 posts, read 116,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldyubt2504 View Post
HHI: 300K
Budget: 900k
Family of 4 with 2 kids (4.5 and 2)
Work location: Princeton
Ethnicity: Indian

Looking to buy SFH or townhouse. Prefer SFH with backyard ( but can compromise if needed)
Criteria:good school district, good house condition, diversity (don’t want too many people of same ethnicity)

Which of the following areas would you recommend:

Princeton
Princeton junction
Rest of west Windsor
Montgomery
South Brunswick
Pennington
Philly (Yardley / Newtown / etc)
Are you commuting anywhere in particular for work?

West Windsor and Montgomery have the best school systems in the area.

Robbinsville is a better value for housing.

Princeton has good schools too but as mentioned is quite pricey.

There are other towns in Pennsylvania that have good schools too and better property tax rates.

Old 12-24-2021, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slunk View Post
Are you commuting anywhere in particular for work?

West Windsor and Montgomery have the best school systems in the area.

Robbinsville is a better value for housing.

Princeton has good schools too but as mentioned is quite pricey.

There are other towns in Pennsylvania that have good schools too and better property tax rates.
Will work in Princeton only

Old 12-24-2021, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsek View Post
West Windsor and Plainsboro are Asian-dominant… Plainsboro in particular resembles Edison, NJ in terms of being primarily composed of Asian Indians.

Princeton has a more balanced ethnic mix but is astronomically expensive, and far from the NJ turnpike. Rt. 1 and 206 are the major roads and have heavy traffic near Princeton. Pennington and Montgomery are similarly disconnected.

South Brunswick is a lot like Plainsboro.

Yardley has a different feel from the neighboring NJ towns, it’s significantly less diverse. The taxes are the big draw there. You’ll save a ton.

All of these towns have outstanding schools and are safe.
Ok would tou then say Princeton is the best out of all these although a bit pricey? What would you recommend? Commuting is not an issue for me as my work is in Princeton only

Old 12-26-2021, 04:24 AM

4,724 posts, read 4,414,855 times
I might have missed this but when you say your work is in Princeton, please be aware that many addresses can have a Princeton address but actually be in some of the below:
Princton
Princeton Junction
South Brunswick
Plainsboro
Lawrenceville
etc etc I may have missed one or two.
So, with respect to where your actual workplace is, the commute can be quite different and the roads and areas leading to will give a very different time element.
Just something to keep in mind. I don't know if it's possible, but if you can look at a map fr the address of your office that will tell you what township it is in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey