Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what grade level should NJ schools teach about Gender ID and Sexual Orientation?
Before 5th grade 8 7.02%
5th 7 6.14%
6th 9 7.89%
7th 5 4.39%
8th 4 3.51%
9th and above 12 10.53%
Never 69 60.53%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 02:56 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
I went to public schools in very liberal Maplewood and Livingston in the 1960's graduated HS 1970. No teacher discussed their private lives in the classroom. Yeah there were pictures of their families on their desks but none of them discussed their sexual preferences. If you were in extra curricular activities then of course there were opportunities to get to know them as people not teachers. My schools were anything but cold and formal. Young children do not need to be exposed to the oddities of current days. They will be exposed soon enough.
I am not sure what you mean by "discussing" sexual preferences. If a student asks who is in that picture at Disney World with her, she will say "my wife and sons". That's hardly "discussing "sexual preferences".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 03:03 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,461,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I am not sure what you mean by "discussing" sexual preferences. If a student asks who is in that picture at Disney World with her, she will say "my wife and sons". That's hardly "discussing "sexual preferences".
Exactly… and neither would it be if it was a picture with a man and his husband or a woman with her wife (and children). The problem with this “movement” is that they’re trying to claim that showing same-gender couples will automatically lead to “sexual preference discussions”, or worse, sexual grooming or pedophilia, instead of calling it out for what it really is… an ultra right-wing campaign to ban homosexuality.

Just knock it off…

Old 04-10-2022, 03:09 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
Exactly… and neither would it be if it was a picture with a man and his husband or a woman with her wife (and children). The problem with this “movement” is that they’re trying to claim that showing same-gender couples will automatically lead to “sexual preference discussions”, or worse, sexual grooming or pedophilia, instead of calling it out for what it really is… an ultra right-wing campaign to ban homosexuality.

Just knock it off…
It's become another fear-mongering campaign, for political gain. Just like critical race theory, the MS13 Mexican gang streaming across the border bogeyman (I think that was the initials), etc, etc.

Old 04-10-2022, 03:12 PM

7,363 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Quote:
It's become another fear-mongering campaign, for political gain. Just like critical race theory, the MS13 Mexican gang streaming across the border bogeyman (I think that was the initials), etc, etc.
oh my goodness, i can’t even…

Old 04-10-2022, 03:57 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
I take it you live in New Jersey and haven't been around this country much. Most of my friends that live in New Jersey aren't too curious about anything west of the Delaware River or Disneyworld.

I live 45 minutes from the Mexican border. What you just wrote there in bolded couldn't be more false. I can go anywhere less than 10 minutes from my house, and photograph the tagged graffiti for this gang. For rival gangs, I can drive less than 10 minutes to photograph those as well.

Do you know that the Rio Grande, which borders Texas and Mexico is dry this time of year? From Falcon Lake up to Caballo Reservoir. You can drive across the border in a car, over the Rio Grande, until about a month from now, when water will be released into the Mesilla Valley to irrigate pecans, chile, and other crops. It will then be shut off again at the end of September. The international border then will once again be able to be crossed pretty easily.

It's incredible how insular the Boston-DC corridor is from the rest of this country.

Old 04-10-2022, 04:04 PM

5,150 posts, read 3,760,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
oh my goodness, i can’t even…

Don't even try.

Old 04-10-2022, 04:19 PM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I take it you live in New Jersey and haven't been around this country much. Most of my friends that live in New Jersey aren't too curious about anything west of the Delaware River or Disneyworld.

I live 45 minutes from the Mexican border. What you just wrote there in bolded couldn't be more false. I can go anywhere less than 10 minutes from my house, and photograph the tagged graffiti for this gang. For rival gangs, I can drive less than 10 minutes to photograph those as well.

Do you know that the Rio Grande, which borders Texas and Mexico is dry this time of year? From Falcon Lake up to Caballo Reservoir. You can drive across the border in a car, over the Rio Grande, until about a month from now, when water will be released into the Mesilla Valley to irrigate pecans, chile, and other crops. It will then be shut off again at the end of September. The international border then will once again be able to be crossed pretty easily.

It's incredible how insular the Boston-DC corridor is from the rest of this country.
MS-13 is all over Long Island and has a presence in NJ as well. This poster is allowing political gamesmanship to cloud their judgement.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 04-11-2022, 05:35 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
People are fired up about this. I know someone who is already planning a protest this summer. I’ll keep the thread updated for those who are interested.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 04-12-2022, 12:55 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Why should it be addressed at all in school?
Governor Murphy supports second grade students having gender identify lessons. However, he is willing to consider letting parents have a say in the gender lessons, of course, with other interested parties. That's big of him, isn't it.

Old 04-12-2022, 01:52 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Governor Murphy supports second grade students having gender identify lessons. However, he is willing to consider letting parents have a say in the gender lessons, of course, with other interested parties. That's big of him, isn't it.
I just posted on another topic about how the "Amaze Jr." site being used by NJ teachers for this has a video that discusses talking to three year-olds (yes, three) about masturbation, errections, and ejaculation.
Moderators for US and World Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey