Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:32 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,356,672 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!

A few days ago I was telling you about my upcoming Dove chocolate party; well it was last night. Here's the scoop for those interested:

Amy, the Dove chocolate person came to my house an hour early and did all the set up. You should have seen all the stuff she brought for us to try after she prepared it in front of us. I think first up she made the chocolate tini which was soo good and I don't drink much ever so I was shocked by how much I liked it. She also made a chocolate fondue for which I provided strawberries, bananas, pretzel chips, marshmallows and graham crackers for dipping. Then she had these magnetic molds and made candy. Next was the mousse (my personal favorite) which she put on top of Dove brownies. Lastly she had sample packets of chai tea in vanilla, chocolate and raspberry. I couldn't believe I liked as much as the ones I get at Nordstrom Espresso Bat and Starbucks. Oh and then she also brought little treats of all sorts.

Everyone kept telling me it was the best home demo. party they ever went to. I'm feeling full and fat just from typing this so here come my stretchy pants.

<mod cut- please don't advertise>

Last edited by BobKovacs; 05-23-2008 at 01:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 11:40 AM

828 posts, read 3,138,651 times
MY wife has had almost every and any type party/demo at our house.
Dove Party?!?!?!

SIGN ME UP!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
MY wife has had almost every and any type party/demo at our house.
Dove Party?!?!?!

SIGN ME UP!!!
OMG Fischfan!! It was unblievable! I did it as a ladies' night with all my neighbors and they were so psyched, they want to do the chocolate tinis at our block party, so their hubbies could have some too.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:57 PM

Hi All!

I'm sorry; I wasn't advertising. I don't sell Dove and I wouldn't get any rewards for you having a party or buying the products. I merely posted this because on the food thread so many people were interested in hearing about the party.

Again my apologies~

Old 05-24-2008, 04:34 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
ohh my lord, I would feel sick the next day!! I am not a huge choc. fan though, I would much rather have an apple strudel party!!! Saurbraten, spatzel and strudel the three s's, oh dont forget that red cabbage!!! SOunds like you had fun huh???

Old 05-24-2008, 12:08 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,461,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
Hi Everyone!

A few days ago I was telling you about my upcoming Dove chocolate party; well it was last night. Here's the scoop for those interested:

Amy, the Dove chocolate person came to my house an hour early and did all the set up. You should have seen all the stuff she brought for us to try after she prepared it in front of us. I think first up she made the chocolate tini which was soo good and I don't drink much ever so I was shocked by how much I liked it. She also made a chocolate fondue for which I provided strawberries, bananas, pretzel chips, marshmallows and graham crackers for dipping. Then she had these magnetic molds and made candy. Next was the mousse (my personal favorite) which she put on top of Dove brownies. Lastly she had sample packets of chai tea in vanilla, chocolate and raspberry. I couldn't believe I liked as much as the ones I get at Nordstrom Espresso Bat and Starbucks. Oh and then she also brought little treats of all sorts.

Everyone kept telling me it was the best home demo. party they ever went to. I'm feeling full and fat just from typing this so here come my stretchy pants.

<mod cut- please don't advertise>

Got any left over samples

Old 05-24-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Got any left over samples
Funny thing is she left everything she made and only took back what was in sealed packages. Last night, I had chocolate covered strawberries and tiny brownies topped with mousse and today candy. Oddly enough there's still about 10 pieces of candy left for whomever gets here the fastest.

Chocolate is my kryptonite!!

Old 05-24-2008, 06:42 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,461,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandcookies View Post
Funny thing is she left everything she made and only took back what was in sealed packages. Last night, I had chocolate covered strawberries and tiny brownies topped with mousse and today candy. Oddly enough there's still about 10 pieces of candy left for whomever gets here the fastest.

Chocolate is my kryptonite!!

Thats enough
I'm heading to the store to get a Dove Ice cream bar

Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmare528 View Post
I know I am WAAAAY late responding to this post but I came across it while searching for some things. It's great to hear you had an awesome time at your Dove tasting party! I am a chocolatier myself and absolutely love it and love hearing when people love it! Good to hear
Thanks!! My neighbors still talk about how much fun they had at that party.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmare528 View Post
I know they are the best aren't they?! It's fun and different
What do you make as a chocolatetier? Do you do Dove as well?

Last edited by tandcookies; 11-05-2008 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: D'oh... trying to spell chocolatetier...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey