Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 12:33 PM

12,187 posts, read 8,057,286 times

Advertisements

Hello all.

I am interested in renting something down the shore in July-September, sometime. However, what website(s) is/are the best to look at weekly rentals and see all the rates?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2023, 02:33 PM

88,654 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Hello all.

I am interested in renting something down the shore in July-September, sometime. However, what website(s) is/are the best to look at weekly rentals and see all the rates?

Thanks in advance!
Kind of late to be looking for rentals, although you might find something for September after Labor Day.

Most people book summer shore rentals in January. You can do what a friend of mine did once, though, and call a RE agent to ask if there are any cancellations. There's always someone who had something come up and can't do their vacation. You might get lucky.

Old 06-21-2023, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Kind of late to be looking for rentals, although you might find something for September after Labor Day.

Most people book summer shore rentals in January. You can do what a friend of mine did once, though, and call a RE agent to ask if there are any cancellations. There's always someone who had something come up and can't do their vacation. You might get lucky.
I still see a few in Brigantine for like 1000 for the week. I was just wondering if there were additional websites for condo/hotel sharing/timesharing.

But definitely do not want a whole house, you could go to Europe for that price. lol

Old 06-21-2023, 08:36 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,042,290 times
What beach are you looking at? There are certainly many houses and places still available. The markets are very different by beach.

Airbnb/vrbo - less rentals on these sites and they are going to be expensive.
Craigslist- just do due diligence, there are alot of scammers here doing high level tricks
Local Realtor - sometimes the best option
Facebook groups - very popularvfor some beaches

I was looking at doing a rental, and prices are up significantly. Like the poster said above prices skyrocketed because everyone stayed local for covid and the now things have returned to normal, the volume is down and costs are just not justified. For what many are asking for a 7 day rental, a trip can be done to Europe or an all-inclusive trip to the carribean with money still left over.

Old 06-21-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
What beach are you looking at? There are certainly many houses and places still available. The markets are very different by beach.

Airbnb/vrbo - less rentals on these sites and they are going to be expensive.
Craigslist- just do due diligence, there are alot of scammers here doing high level tricks
Local Realtor - sometimes the best option
Facebook groups - very popularvfor some beaches

I was looking at doing a rental, and prices are up significantly. Like the poster said above prices skyrocketed because everyone stayed local for covid and the now things have returned to normal, the volume is down and costs are just not justified. For what many are asking for a 7 day rental, a trip can be done to Europe or an all-inclusive trip to the carribean with money still left over.
Yeah I find that too. I won't pay over 1400 a week.. its definitely doable. I see a few out there, but I am trying to expand my options. These help a lot!

And to answer you're question, really any. Outside ACY.

Old 06-22-2023, 09:09 AM

185 posts, read 138,172 times
What does $1,400/week get you?

Old 06-22-2023, 10:35 AM

88,654 posts, read 84,943,363 times
I agree with the one who said local realtors. Pick a few towns you might want and call someone from that area.

Old 06-22-2023, 10:49 AM

9,379 posts, read 20,821,491 times
I am biased, probably, but by far, you want to speak with a local realtor. They are going to know the lay of the land, and the specific property, a heck of a lot more keenly than others.

Old 06-22-2023, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_J View Post
What does $1,400/week get you?
Maybe a 2 bedroom condo/hotel timeshare for 5-7 nights for what I am seeing.

I definitely wouldnt pay over that, because, you can literally just go to Europe for much less lol

Old 06-23-2023, 11:18 AM

185 posts, read 138,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Maybe a 2 bedroom condo/hotel timeshare for 5-7 nights for what I am seeing.

I definitely wouldnt pay over that, because, you can literally just go to Europe for much less lol
Which town?
I’m guessing nothing in Monmouth or northern Ocean counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey