Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:07 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahw View Post
I live in a stunning part of NJ in Hunterdon county, yet I am constantly searching for somewhere else to live. I spend hours reading through posts on city data trying to find the right place, a place where children actually play out!!! It's summer holidays, yet still there aren't any kids out, just being kids and playing. Developments here are not built with children in mind. There are no community pools, playgrounds or even sidewalks, and the kids are so over scheduled you often need to book play dates well in advance. When I think back to my childhood it was full of relaxed, spontaneous fun, and I worry so much that my children will look back at what should be a truly magical time in their lives and think, 'how boring'.
My only real restrictions are needing to be fairly close to an airport, (any state), great schools, oh and money haha, need to be able to buy a 3 to 4 bed house for 5 to 6k
So, does anyone know where my little slice of kiddie heaven is?
Sarah...you may want to check out my area.... there's a bargain for sale in a neighborhood setting that you seek..loaded with kids!!! It's a foreclosure and it's going for 399!!!!! A home in that development recently sold for 550. The house needs a little TLC..all cosmetic. Homes it that development typically sell quickly. It would be a great investment plus like I said..tons and tons of kids. EWR is about 45 mins. from here. We're 5 mins off Rt. 80 and, if I remeber correctly, you are British? We have the best little british shop within 2 mins. from this house where you can get your British goodies : ))) And if you get here quick, you'll make it in time for the fire fly catching season...the neighborhood kids were out last night catching them. I chuckled when I heard there mom's yelling for them to come inside. I remember mom calling us in when we were "wee"... and how we would keep saying.."one more minute". Anyway...if you would like, I'll send you the link for that house...nice 10 yr old, 2500sf, 4/2.5 on 2 acres. It's a bargain!!! Oh and we have a great elementary school - rated in the top 10% in the State. HS is about average... top 1/3rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 07:10 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Here's the link....

Property media (http://new.gsmls.com/public/getMediaReport.do?mlsNum=2466859&imageCount=10 - broken link)

Last edited by wileynj; 06-28-2008 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: error...

Old 06-29-2008, 07:51 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
sarah - they are all on my block

my kids are outside every minute they can - playing hockey, lacrosse, football, baseball in the cul de sac or in our yard, playing in the "fort" in the woods, swimming or launching water balloons. my 1/2 of the block has 8 kids my boys' age alone (they are all boys too). in that same 1/2 block there are ~35 kids at the bus stop.

there are so many more kids out and about here than when I grew up - in the "good old days". because of that, i can't understand when ppl talk about how things were so much better back then vis-a-vis kids going out and playing.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:00 PM

687 posts, read 3,251,852 times
The kids are out and about in my neighborhood, too. New development, and tons of kids ages 2-8. They're out every night (I think most of the kids are at daycare during the day, so dd doesn't have anyone to play with then), some of them until the wee hours, and they run in a little pack it seems.

I don't know--maybe the kids here are too young for video games?

Old 07-09-2008, 06:05 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,647,573 times
What about Maine? We have kids all over! It is one of the big reasons we moved here. After school and during vacations, the kids are all over the place. Just like I remember from my childhood!

We even have a roller skating rink at the town hall! Heeee Heee.

Granted there is the whole snow thing, but kids love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey