Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:30 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times

Advertisements

You know, I have family in New Windsor and Gartnertown. Is that "downstate" enough for you? There are some good deals to be had in that area right now. We've considered moving there, but I don't know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 08:23 PM

217 posts, read 1,147,390 times
ok, yea i know FL sucks hah, i been there a couple times for my grandpa and i just did not like it at ALL.. that was fort myers

but for you sayin.. im guessing (because you didnt say your budget) Albany and Florida is'nt all that expensive in all so i would say Lyndhurst, Rutherford, Bayonne(best to me) and maybe to as far down to Woodbridge... those are some of the towns that arent as pricey for north jersey besides having to be a ghetto.. because East Orange, Newark, Irvington, Elizabeth have many affordable places but those places are crime infested so be careful where you buy/rent in north jersey..

Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM

3 posts, read 5,527 times
move to newark

Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by navy_pier View Post
move to newark
Not good advice....

Old 07-27-2008, 09:37 AM

4 posts, read 5,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Hmm... that's very general. Do you or your wife have work lined up when you get here? What is your budget, how many rooms are you looking for? Are you planning on renting or buying? how much of a commute is ok w/ you?
My wife will just continue to work at home, I will need to search for work when I get there. We are used to paying $1400.00/mos rent down here with 4 br. I usually do work within a 40 mile radius.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
If I may ask what happened (or didn't happen) with Florida? What went down (i.e why the return)?
The main reason is because nobody wants to pay anything down here $8-$15/hr for skilled trades and everybody is desperate for a job. Some small p/t jobs are filled within hours. I spent over $3000 to get a contractors license that took over a year to get and it is ilegal to do any work without a license if you dont work for someone.
Now I have my license and most jobs I find are being bid on by 5 or more other contractors in the same position.
Also on top of that there is so many foreclosures and people are losing there jobs. Also people suck, too many red lights, people are slow and stupid, too hot, schools suck more days off then on, all you do is eat and drink here, if you dont have a boat there is nothing to do here, the rich people here take advantage of you, I can go on and on....

Old 07-27-2008, 12:11 PM

yea you will never get 1400 for 4 bedroom unless you want to live in a ghetto in north jersey. Well like i said Bayonne is the best for that range for a good amount of bedrooms.. its not a bad area but its not a great area.. its a nice city..

and for NY i woul look at white plains and yonkers. other then that it would be the same deal as north jersey

Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDaSack View Post
yea you will never get 1400 for 4 bedroom unless you want to live in a ghetto in north jersey. Well like i said Bayonne is the best for that range for a good amount of bedrooms.. its not a bad area but its not a great area.. its a nice city..

and for NY i woul look at white plains and yonkers. other then that it would be the same deal as north jersey
No thanks I dont want to live in the ghetto or anywhere close to it. What about south jersey I heard it less expensive to live there?

Old 07-27-2008, 03:40 PM

Woodbridge is nice then .. thats central jersey

Old 07-27-2008, 04:47 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,998,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
I'm curious about moving there (Boca/FLL).
If you do google this: Town Hall Mall Murders. It happened last xmas, and they have not caught anyone, yet. And these ones were not the first ones there. Good-luck,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey