Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:06 AM

9 posts, read 68,951 times

Advertisements

I just moved to North Bergen from Japan and I am pregnant.
Can anyone recommend a OBGYN in Bergen or Hudson County?
Although North Bergen is in Hudson, I live north of Hudson and
Bergen County is few steps away. I think area from Lincoln Tunnel to
GWB area like Weehawken, North Bergen, Fort Lee, Edgewater, Englewood, maybe Teaneck are the areas I can access easily. It would be great if you could share Good Dr. information with me.

Also, I've heard that good hospitals around this area to give birth is Holy Name Hospital, Englewood Hospital and Palisade Hospital. Anybody who gave birth there and have any comments on these hospitals? Please let me know if there are any other hospitals you recommend.

Thank you!

Last edited by Fango; 08-28-2008 at 09:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 10:23 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,991 times
Palisades is dreadful.
Holy Name has a nice maternity wing, but I think it is was not a top level... forgive me because I have not had a child in a while now, but I think a level 4 is top and they were a level 3. So if there was a true emergency you or the baby would have to be air lifted to another hospital. I did not like that.

I'm not familiar with Englewood.

Hackensack University Medical Center's Maternity wing is WONDERFUL and a top level, you may want to consider it. It's not very far from you.

Also, avoid Meadowllands Hospital in Secaucus and Christ Hospital in JC.

Doctors, the doctor's I know of are in Rutherford, Hackensack, West Paterson and Northern Bergen county - let me know if they'd be too far for you.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:50 AM

Thank you so much for sharing with me the very useful information!!
It is good to know Palisade is dreadful!!! It is closet to my place,
so I would have gone to the hospital without your advice. Thank you!!
Yes, I would like to consider Hackensack hospital. If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me Dr's name your recommend in Hackensack, West Paterson and Northern Bergen county? Thank you so much!!

Old 08-28-2008, 11:35 AM

My doctor retired recently, which stinks.

My sister swears by Dr. Irani in Rutherford NJ. I have used her and liked her, but not the office...but she did save my sisters life AND she was the only doctor who was able to diagnose why I had a hard time getting pregnant, so she does know her stuff. Just be prepared to WAIT and WAIT for your visit. She practices in Hackensack.

Dr. Shakarjian in Westwood is also very good. I believe she is only out of Valley Hospital in Ridgewood now. Very nice hospital, a little far for you but it could work.

The other doctor I know of is my friend's in West Paterson, Dr. Keanchong, she loves her. I'm beleive she does work out of Hackensack, that is where my friend delivered.

I'll see if I can get more suggestions for you. My doctor now is on GYN only, so that wouldn't help you!

Congratulations by the way!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:22 PM

Thank you so much for your advice!!! It is really helpful.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:22 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fango View Post
I just moved to North Bergen from Japan and I am pregnant.
Can anyone recommend a OBGYN in Bergen or Hudson County?
Although North Bergen is in Hudson, I live north of Hudson and
Bergen County is few steps away. I think area from Lincoln Tunnel to
GWB area like Weehawken, North Bergen, Fort Lee, Edgewater, Englewood, maybe Teaneck are the areas I can access easily. It would be great if you could share Good Dr. information with me.

Also, I've heard that good hospitals around this area to give birth is Holy Name Hospital, Englewood Hospital and Palisade Hospital. Anybody who gave birth there and have any comments on these hospitals? Please let me know if there are any other hospitals you recommend.

Thank you!
I've heard really good things about maternity floor at Englewood Hospital. Also, I just had a baby at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood and had a wonderful experience there. It might be a bit far for you but it's a great hospital. Congrats and Good Luck.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:30 PM

Ira - Thank you so much for sharing the info. on Englewood Hospital. I will check Valley Hospital. I've heard Ridgewood is a very nice community with a good hospital. I will include Ridgewood in my option. Thank you!!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:02 PM

OK - I asked around and this is what I got from co-workers and friends:

Dr. Anita Chait/ Dr. B. Irani
21 East Park Place 101 Prospect Avenue ste. 1k
Rutherford, NJ AND Hackensack, NJ
201-438-7780 201-996-0070
Affiliated w/ Hackensack Univ. Med Ctr.

Dr. Jo-Ann Shakarjian
55 West Main Street 270 Old Hook Road
Bergenfield NJ 07621 AND Westwood, NJ
201-385-7300 201-358-0505
Affiliated w/ Hackensack & Valley Hospitals

Now I also got a doctor who speak Japanese, I'm assuming because you just relocated from Japan you may like this. So just in case.

Hung Tien Lo
211 Essex St. Ste. 205
Hackensack NJ
201-489-3335
Hackensack University Medical Center

Old 08-28-2008, 02:29 PM

EEPNJ - Thank you soooooo much for your kind support!!
Yes, I am more comfortable speaking in Japanese. I am very happy to know
there is Dr. who speaks Japanese in Hackensack. I can't find words to thank you!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:46 PM

Fango - no problem. Let me know if that does not work out. I work in the benefits field and I know a lot of people in healthcare. I can make some calls to see if anyone knows of any other Japanese speaking OB/GYNs, I will let you know if I find any. Best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey