Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 11:34 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times

Advertisements

Of course Norton Discount Oil in Washinton is down to $2.699 now....after I paid $3.319 about three weeks ago. Wish I could have waited too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 11:37 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
i also called this company discount oil thinking there is got to be a catch, like a contract or something. Nope its the real deal!! Thanks KATE for finding this, unfortunately I too like a jerk overpaid thinking it would go up more.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:46 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
i also called this company discount oil thinking there is got to be a catch, like a contract or something. Nope its the real deal!! Thanks KATE for finding this, unfortunately I too like a jerk overpaid thinking it would go up more.
For me it wasn't buying thinking it would go up..I was on empty

Old 10-21-2008, 04:59 AM

517 posts, read 1,806,614 times
I haven't put in any oil since the spring. Part of the reason is because the oil company said they can't deliver anymore because some valve or something is not reading. Does anyone know what it might be? I don't remember the name. I think it's what tells them that it's empty or full. Valve, guage?

If anyone knows, is this a pricey thing? Quick fix? Do they need to come into my house?

Thanks so much.

Has anyone heard of this Citizens Action Group? What is your experience?

Also, please keep updating with prices, I will be needing oil soon.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:03 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTeacher View Post
I haven't put in any oil since the spring. Part of the reason is because the oil company said they can't deliver anymore because some valve or something is not reading. Does anyone know what it might be? I don't remember the name. I think it's what tells them that it's empty or full. Valve, guage?

If anyone knows, is this a pricey thing? Quick fix? Do they need to come into my house?

Thanks so much.

Has anyone heard of this Citizens Action Group? What is your experience?

Also, please keep updating with prices, I will be needing oil soon.
Sounds like you need a new guage... is the tank inside or out? They should still be able to fill it???? It's not that expensive to replace.. where do you live?

Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 AM

Here's a pix of the part you need : )

Old 10-21-2008, 05:09 AM

Is that the guage that's ontop of my tank? It's still working- not sure how they know.

My tank is in my basement- they never see it. I do.

Thanks- you're always here to help. I appreciate it.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:11 AM

Wiley- also, I need to get my furnace cleaned.
I turned it off in July because I was low and going on vacation. When I came back, didn't want to fill it. So, someone told me I could use Diesel temporarily.
I just put in about 10-20 gallons.

When I went to put it on, smoke started coming out. Scary. I was told I need it to get cleaned.
Sound right to you?- about how much is that?

Last edited by MMTeacher; 10-21-2008 at 05:12 AM.. Reason: adding question

Old 10-21-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
I turned it off in July because I was low and going on vacation. When I came back, didn't want to fill it. So, someone told me I could use Diesel temporarily.

When I went to put it on, smoke started coming out. Scary. I was told I need it to get cleaned.
Where in central Jersey are you located??? May have a guy for you...nice one man operation : )

Old 10-21-2008, 05:19 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you need a cleaning... new nozzle. Tank must be pretty old? Every time you put oil/diesel in it..you are probably stirring up the sludge on the bottom and that's probably clogging the nozzle on your furnace or boiler... to save a few bucks... turn your furnace off while filling the tank..let it settle out before you turn the furnace or boiler back on... will buy you some time... you can also pull the oil line up a little to get it out of the sludge level but it sounds like you may be due for a new tank as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey