Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:53 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,629,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
GOOD LUCKY WILEY!!!!!!! Sending ya good vibes.

Now....

based on today's economic news...

F**K the family - where can we get work? Guatamala???? I'm there!!!
I hear Costa Rica is really nice and affordable.. I wouldn't mind a nice tiki bartending job : ))))
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 12:55 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,965,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I hear Costa Rica is really nice and affordable.. I wouldn't mind a nice tiki bartending job : ))))
Sign me up.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Sign me up.
You know what!!!! If all the south americans are heading our way... why don't we head their way.. give them our country in exchange for theirs

Old 09-29-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
You know what!!!! If all the south americans are heading our way... why don't we head their way.. give them our country in exchange for theirs

NICE we'll turn this whole thing around.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
NICE we'll turn this whole thing around.
We'll just sneak into their country and take all the landscaping - small construction jobs away from their people!!! ..good idea!!

Old 09-29-2008, 01:32 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,628,057 times
My hub would like to move south in a few years. All family and friends are here. While I ws up for it months ago, I am beginning to not want to. He would like warmer weather, so moving to Pa or Ct.
won't help. As much as NJ is exspensive and all, to me it is still home. (for now anyway)

Old 09-29-2008, 01:45 PM

23,893 posts, read 33,638,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familymom View Post
I think this question applies to people who have lived most of their live in NJ and still have many friends and family in this area. If you were escaping NJ would you move the next state over (Pennsylvania or Conneticut) or would you flat out leave the area and all that you know? Many people use a 3-5 hour rule about how fast you could return to NJ incase of a family emergency. Would you? Planes are sometimes faster and safer?

If you already left, how many times do you really come back and how far is the ride?
I was a daddy's girl, we were very close. Moving an hour and 15 minutes away from him wasn't bad until he got sick. He ended up having to go to the hospital, next thing I knew he was getting blood, I drove up, spent the night then when I was sure he was going to be released I went home. I wasn't in the door more then an hour when I got the dreaded call that he had cancer and needed to go to Robert Wood.

Thankfully his new house was closing in a week but he'd be ion a hospital for a month, then came 8 months of running back & forth from home to Robert Wood; every day while he was admitted then every other day when he was home.

If you are an only child or if your the only child left near your parents, think to have them move to where you're going.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I was a daddy's girl, we were very close. Moving an hour and 15 minutes away from him wasn't bad until he got sick. He ended up having to go to the hospital, next thing I knew he was getting blood, I drove up, spent the night then when I was sure he was going to be released I went home. I wasn't in the door more then an hour when I got the dreaded call that he had cancer and needed to go to Robert Wood.

Thankfully his new house was closing in a week but he'd be ion a hospital for a month, then came 8 months of running back & forth from home to Robert Wood; every day while he was admitted then every other day when he was home.

If you are an only child or if your the only child left near your parents, think to have them move to where you're going.
So sorry Roselvr

Old 09-29-2008, 02:06 PM

619 posts, read 2,201,607 times
We left "home" in July. Our first trip back will be in October, my SIL/BIL are visiting the week after that, and my parents are coming out for two weeks at Christmas. So it looks like we're meeting up with both sides of the family about quarterly. Our overall plan is to always have the next trip planned by the end of the current trip, so time doesn't slip away.

I miss having my parents nearby for convenience-sake, but I still talk to them several times a day so I don't feel like we are too far - thank goodness for free long distance. Boy, what a modern day improvement that is!!!

The only true downfall I see is that most, if not all, of our vacation time will know be spent with family, instead of tropical beaches and DisneyWorld (ha, as if!)

Old 09-29-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mczabe View Post
We left "home" in July. Our first trip back will be in October, my SIL/BIL are visiting the week after that, and my parents are coming out for two weeks at Christmas. So it looks like we're meeting up with both sides of the family about quarterly. Our overall plan is to always have the next trip planned by the end of the current trip, so time doesn't slip away.

I miss having my parents nearby for convenience-sake, but I still talk to them several times a day so I don't feel like we are too far - thank goodness for free long distance. Boy, what a modern day improvement that is!!!

The only true downfall I see is that most, if not all, of our vacation time will know be spent with family, instead of tropical beaches and DisneyWorld (ha, as if!)
Funny you say that.... back when my sis was young and naive (lol, she is now old and wise like me...lol)... she was going to move to FL just because she liked warm weather. I was FURIOUS at her and made sure she knew it on a daily basis. She once said "We'll see each other every vacation." I said "If you think I'm going to FL every vacation to see YOUR SORRY ASS just because YOU abandoned US... you are so mistaken." LOL

My sis is now one town a way and likes it that way. LOL

Can I tell you DH's stance on this? When our baby was born someone gave us a bank that said "College savings fund" and had all these names around it... UCLA, Penn State, Harvard, U Mich.." you get the idea. DH refused to display it unless we had it redone w/ names of local colleges only. He said "Screw that. We live in Jersey - they can go to any college including IVY within driving distance. She goes away - she pays her own way." LMAO. He's Cuban.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey