Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:47 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,981,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I am moving into my SUV, buying a few guns, and living off of cans of condensed soup. Who's with me?

The new threshold is 8400...if we blow through that then someone better hit the panic button.
You mean you haven't hit the panic button already ?????????? I thought the button was no longer functioning from being hit so many times aleady !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 01:53 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,698,387 times
About to break 8400 today.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:53 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
i have to make lemonade from lemons - my $5000 IRA contribution will be mailed very shortly...

Old 10-09-2008, 01:59 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i have to make lemonade from lemons - my $5000 IRA contribution will be mailed very shortly...
I have 2 retirement plans and i have to say... they didn't go down as much as I thought they would have...especially my MFS account - less than 5%. Oppenheimer... - 20% plus.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
yes well my dad is now worried. We have alot of mutual funds and I am afraid to look at the vanguard statement. Probably lost 40 percent of it all! So eating soup is right! Just low carb soup. this sucks. this really sucks. I guess I still got that cabin in the woods, and the tenant rent check came today, so at least thats a positive. But I cant even sell that damn thing. We really all F u c + + D

Old 10-09-2008, 02:42 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
yes well my dad is now worried. We have alot of mutual funds and I am afraid to look at the vanguard statement. Probably lost 40 percent of it all! So eating soup is right! Just low carb soup. this sucks. this really sucks. I guess I still got that cabin in the woods, and the tenant rent check came today, so at least thats a positive. But I cant even sell that damn thing. We really all F u c + + D
I've always been a firm believer in "less is more" - the more you have, the more you have to lose! My parents lived this way and have raised us to live the same way. My dad grew up during the depression! His mother was loaded... until the depression! I've always been very conservative with money - I don't gamble. And to me...investing in stocks, bonds, etc. is a gamble. Great if it pays off but in times like this..there's no better investmant than cash!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,685 times
Quote:
I know thats why I said dad is worried, but it will come back!!!

.........what, the Great depression?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,587,473 times
Quote:
Ha, got my Vanguard statement today down $10,000 in two accounts. Will hold awhile longer. I don't think its as bad as you assume. Talked with TR Price the other day and they are doing OK.......haven't lost a penny in fact gained a few dollars.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbird42 View Post
Ha, got my Vanguard statement today down $10,000 in two accounts. Will hold awhile longer. I don't think its as bad as you assume. Talked with TR Price the other day and they are doing OK.......haven't lost a penny in fact gained a few dollars.
your probably right, I dont look at the statements, dad is the investor wiz. So its probably not as bad as I think thanks you made me smile!! He invests in pretty good solid companies, General Mills is not gonna stop making cereal!! People still need drugs too!

I am moving on, but the shopping is over for now!!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 PM

sometimes its easier to be broke, no insurances, no health insurance, no worries just hope the welfare check is not sent out before a holiday! Its like If you have money you have to get health insurance, I own a home so I have to protect that and get higher rate auto insurance and health insurance and homeowner insurance so liability is covered. I know this sounds like warped logic but sometimes it seems easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey