Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:32 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times

Advertisements

Two suburban schools refuse trips to Newark for football - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com

Suburban schools' fear of playing in Newark sends the wrong message, Politi says - NJ.com: High School Sports Extra

I did not realize that Newark's crime has now reached the level where suburban schools, such as Parsippany HS, are now refusing to go to places like Weequachic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 08:50 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Two suburban schools refuse trips to Newark for football - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com

Suburban schools' fear of playing in Newark sends the wrong message, Politi says - NJ.com: High School Sports Extra

I did not realize that Newark's crime has now reached the level where suburban schools, such as Parsippany HS, are now refusing to go to places like Weequachic.
I think those games are on now. The Gov is supposed to attend..Lot of hoopla over the whole issue
Newark is BAD and I can't blame school officials for not wanting to put their players in harms way

Old 10-30-2008, 09:06 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,669,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I think those games are on now. The Gov is supposed to attend..Lot of hoopla over the whole issue
Newark is BAD and I can't blame school officials for not wanting to put their players in harms way
And yet, when you read the sports section of the paper, they make it out like the suburbs shouldn't be afraid....

The game was initially put off because of a damn SHOOTING. Why would I want my kids going there for a game again? I couldnt begin to tell you how irritable I got reading an article about it (the ledger maybe? I don't remember which paper, I read several).

Old 10-30-2008, 09:09 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
And yet, when you read the sports section of the paper, they make it out like the suburbs shouldn't be afraid....

The game was initially put off because of a damn SHOOTING. Why would I want my kids going there for a game again? I couldnt begin to tell you how irritable I got reading an article about it (the ledger maybe? I don't remember which paper, I read several).
Yeah I think it was the SL. What I don't get is why is Parsippnay in the same conference or are these play off games.

I feel bad for the athletes in Newark but I got to tell you I would have second thoughts about my kid playing on an open field in Newark

Old 10-30-2008, 09:10 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,934,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post

LMAO at this quote, "Shabazz officials offered to play the game at Irvington High School."

Oh so instead of going to Newark, we'll go to Irvington. Why not all travel to Camden and play there.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 AM

Actually, Scotch Plains offered to host as well

Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
LMAO at this quote, "Shabazz officials offered to play the game at Irvington High School."

Oh so instead of going to Newark, we'll go to Irvington. Why not all travel to Camden and play there.
Why not just travel to San Quentin prison, have the game there, have Johnny Cash do the halftime show, and call it a day?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:22 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Their fear of being shot is racist. They should be willing to be shot in the name of equality.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
their fear of being shot is racist. They should be willing to be shot in the name of equality.

Get with the program!
rofl

Old 10-30-2008, 09:29 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Their fear of being shot is racist. They should be willing to be shot in the name of equality.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM!
cut it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey