Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 02:56 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC JC Mom View Post
yes we have the wii (which we love)
He's been eyeing the PS3 though
but he also has a PS2 and the PSP and they both sit around the house collecting dust and taking up space - so i think that would be a waste of money for him - thank for the suggestion though.
I think electronics. He's probably already given you hints you just don't realize it.

If he is eying the PS3, that's what I'd get him.
XBox is also popular
Games for the Wii?

Does he computer game? If so, a controller. I'll look it up and give you a link if he does play.
Parts for the computer?
How old is your computer & monitor?
Keyboard & mouse?

Quote:
what about electronics?
Maybe the ipod touch?
Yes. If he'll use it. I wouldn't stop there though and would get some accessories too, like to plug it into the car.
How about a GPS for the car?

Quote:
He's a mets fan.
I thought about getting him a personalized mets Jersey?
I got my son a Mets jacket a few years ago, he loves it. One of his friends who also likes the Mets had to have one too.

MLB Apparel - I bought the black jacket, bottom of the page.

Sports Fan outlet
Mets store

What kind of car does he drive? I got my son custom seat covers for his Mazda 3. They are great seat covers and not cheap (custom fitted). They make a great gift, they also custom print dash liners with teams.

edit - flannel lined jeans are also great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 05:48 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,672 times
Default Got my Hubby Golf Lessons on Christmas..

Just under two hours though, mostly putting and driving range tips.
He had fun, and I sat at the Clubhouse drinking Blue Moon's w/ orange slices.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:52 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
for father's day one year, i got my DH a ride in a stockcar around the track at the pocono raceway. you can either ride as a passenger or drive the car yourself.

Stock Car Driving School, Stock Car Racing Training, PA, Pennsylvania, Go garts PA, Kart Racing PA, Pocono Raceway, Stock Car Racing Experience

How about a Hot Air Balloon ride? We did this too, VERY cool!!

Old 11-10-2008, 06:59 PM

32,941 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monack View Post
We need more information on your husband... what does he like to do?
LOL It's a good question, but we know the answer. Sometimes I ask my husband what he'd like for his birthday. Do you want to go into the city for the day? How about a show? He just stands there and looks at me. I'm thinking, is that the only thing on your mind? Other than pool league and football, yes it is.

How about a half day at a spa with a couples massage and a glass of champagne, etc. If he's the type of guy who wouldn't be caught dead in one of those places, maybe a night away somewhere. I know that those seem like anniversary or Valentines gifts, but some gifts are always appropriate. Everyone is so busy these days it seems as though there is no free or down time. If you've done that recently, not such a great idea. It might be nice to look forward to that in January if you're totally fried after the holidays.

My girlfriends and I went to a B&B in Lambertville for the night last January. It wasn't until the next day at breakfast that we realized that we'd had the place to ourselves. The owners stayed off site. We would have made so much more noise if we'd known! After we were served a lovely breakfast, we walked around town and shopped.

My husband really doesn't like the great outdoors that much. He used to, but not any more. The greatest gift that he could give to me would be a camping weekend, an all day hike, or some day trips to historic sites.

Kind of like the Gift of the Magi, only you really know the answer.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:39 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,549 times
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
I think i'm leaning towards the ipod touch (he would use it for the gym)
he currently has the cheapest 20.00 MP3 :- )
I was thinking about getting him the hard case (in case it fell)
and also the band to wear around your arm so his hands are free.

If you could think of others things please post - Thanks

Old 11-18-2008, 12:40 PM

821 posts, read 2,038,549 times
If case anyone is still wondering :-) I think I decided what I'm getting my husband...
I think i'm going to get him a video camera (we have the older models mini cassettes and its been driving him nuts)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey