Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 08:06 AM

50 posts, read 277,421 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of buying a Ryan Home in Tinton Falls and i wanted to know if i should use a real estate agent. The woman told me that he would have had to bring me in the first time I walked in the door at the sales office but my parents were the ones that found the development and they brought me there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,164,268 times
If you did not bring your real estate agent in the first time, then you can't bring one in after the fact.
That being said - I had a really not so great experience at the sales office there, and spoke with the finance manager who outright tried to mislead us and lie to us - and if I had not done my homework beforehand would have not known what to believe. Buyer beware, and do your homework.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:07 AM

what had ahpened if you can fill me in with some more details

Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 PM

208 posts, read 853,215 times
You can still bring a realtor with you to help you-just let them know from the start that they will not be receiving a commission because you went to the sales office already and they said they will not pay.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:10 AM

Default Extras on New Townhouse

Anyone have any pointers on how i should go about getting extras into a new construction townhouse put in with no cost to myself. I want to put in tions like windows and flooring but it adds up to a lot. And the only thing that they have given me was $2,500 off the price so far. I feel like in this type of market they should at least be giving me $10,000 worth of extras. Any thoughts comments tips would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:46 PM

208 posts, read 853,215 times
Tell them what other builders are offering and let them know you want a deal...BE FIRM!!! If they seriously feel you are going to walk and they are having a hard time selling these homes, then they should be willing to offer you more. All the builders in Monroe, Freehold, etc are offering major giveaways.
If you are not prepared to walk out if they don't offer you a deal, then I recommend not saying anything or just bring it up in a casual way. For the record though, I doubt they would upgrade the windows as they buy in bulk usually, but they might be willing to do hardwood floors for the price of carpet. Good luck!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:23 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,756,664 times
Or they may be like the builders I was trying to deal with and say EEFFYOU. Take it or leave it. Then offer the next guy $20k less because the sales ****** didnt like "negotiators"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey