Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 01:33 PM

403 posts, read 1,190,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
They still linger because people love & enjoy beating a dead horse or they are still looking for a crutch..something to blame all their woes on!!

My ancestors were displaced from their homeland because of the deplorable conditions inflicted on them by the English....not finding a better life here at first either but it doesn't make me want to post on an English Forum decrying their brutal history.....

100 million Africans murdered/displaced ...while I would love to see a link proving those high numbers many of the deaths were at the hands of their own country men who happily & greedily sold them to the blue eyed devils

Point is in your post you sort of dismissed the Native American suffering because according to you there aren't many left to rehash the past but there are many African Americans & Jewish Americans to constantly rehash & rehash

Bottom line...humans are not a very nice species..since the dawn of time there has always been one group that wanted to dominate another and when they did they were not to kind..does that make it acceptable..most certainly not.

And as a parting comment perhaps you should look at the state you say you reside in...South Carolina than come talk to me about NJ's misdeeds
Yes, I'm sure that Holocaust survivors would appreciate nothing more than to be considered as "beating a dead horse" or "looking for a crutch to blame all their woes on"

What happened to your ancestors was tragic and while it's your choice not to decry it I'm fairly certain you don't suffer any lingering effects because of it.

Here's a link showing the numbers of Africans murdered and/or displaced.History of the African Slave Trade
While not quite the 100 million I initially posted, 20-50 million is nothing to sneeze at either.

Well you got me on one point. There are "many, many Native Americans living in deplorable conditions on reservations, especially in the Dakotas". There's so many of them I'm certain we've heard their tragedies rehashed time and time again. BTW, when's the last time you went to North Dakota or even seen 3 Native Americans in your life?

And as a parting comment from a BORN AND RAISED NEW JERSEYEAN AND CURRENT NJ STATE TAX PAYING RESIDENT, I have just as much right to talk about what goes on there as you do.

Whew! Okay I'm coming down off my soapbox now. Have a nice day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 01:41 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
Yes, I'm sure that Holocaust survivors would appreciate nothing more than to be considered as "beating a dead horse" or "looking for a crutch to blame all their woes on"

What happened to your ancestors was tragic and while it's your choice not to decry it I'm fairly certain you don't suffer any lingering effects because of it.

Here's a link showing the numbers of Africans murdered and/or displaced.History of the African Slave Trade
While not quite the 100 million I initially posted, 20-50 million is nothing to sneeze at either.

Well you got me on one point. There are "many, many Native Americans living in deplorable conditions on reservations, especially in the Dakotas". There's so many of them I'm certain we've heard their tragedies rehashed time and time again. BTW, when's the last time you went to North Dakota or even seen 3 Native Americans in your life?

And as a parting comment from a BORN AND RAISED NEW JERSEYEAN AND CURRENT NJ STATE TAX PAYING RESIDENT, I have just as much right to talk about what goes on there as you do.
Whew! Okay I'm coming down off my soapbox now. Have a nice day
well excuse me your logo says Summerville SC
The only people who can rehash & rehash imo are actual Holocaust survivors...they LIVED it
and yes I've known many Native Americans...

so please don't assume

Old 01-21-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
well excuse me your logo says Summerville SC
The only people who can rehash & rehash imo are actual Holocaust survivors...they LIVED it
and yes I've known many Native Americans...

so please don't assume
It's says Summerville, SC because that's where I live. I'm still an NJ resident though.

And about assuming, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black (no pun intended).

Old 01-21-2009, 01:55 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
It's says Summerville, SC because that's where I live. I'm still an NJ resident though.

And about assuming, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black (no pun intended).
That would be a logical assumption being in your logo you are stating SC not NJ

Sorry I just will not buy into that "white guilt" I'm supposed to carry around because of things from before I was born.
I don't believe in the sins of the fathers are revisited on their sons.

I'm also a direct decendant of a UNION Civil War vet who volunteered......nuff said

Old 01-21-2009, 06:07 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,765,333 times
Sorry, but I'd like to know when the last time someone saw a slave either.....huh???

And no, the horrors of what happened to the Native Americans are not rehashed, nor are they taught in the schools. We only learn of them having Thanksgiving dinner with the pilgrims.

Old 01-21-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
That would be a logical assumption being in your logo you are stating SC not NJ

Sorry I just will not buy into that "white guilt" I'm supposed to carry around because of things from before I was born.
I don't believe in the sins of the fathers are revisited on their sons.

I'm also a direct decendant of a UNION Civil War vet who volunteered......nuff said
I don't expect you to buy into "white guilt". I don't even expect you to acknowledge that white guilt exist. After all you've spent the last page or two of this thread trying to convince me that the horrors of the past should be but a footnote in the pages of history and we should press ahead like nothing ever happened.

You're a direct descendant of a Union soldier, huh? Great! And he volunteered too? Wowzers! So does that mean I somehow owe you a debt of gratitude on behalf of my ancestors? Oh I get it...........you're one of those people who actually believes the Civil War was all about freeing the slaves

Old 01-22-2009, 05:46 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,612,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Sorry, but I'd like to know when the last time someone saw a slave either.....huh???

And no, the horrors of what happened to the Native Americans are not rehashed, nor are they taught in the schools. We only learn of them having Thanksgiving dinner with the pilgrims.
You haven't met my B&C yet.... hopefully I can come out of the basement today

Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 AM

Ok, what's a B&C?? I'm so out of the loop with acronyms.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,612,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Ok, what's a B&C?? I'm so out of the loop with acronyms.
Ball and Chain

Old 01-22-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Ball and Chain
OMG!!!!! Too funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey