Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2007, 09:10 PM

67 posts, read 335,439 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Does anyone live in Fair Lawn? How about the Radburn section? Any input re: the town and its schools would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 06:23 AM

60 posts, read 455,134 times
I knew someone who lived in Fair Lawn and had good things to say about it, but never mentioned any particulars. The schools are supposed to be excellent too.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:30 PM

3 posts, read 23,684 times
Fairlawn,as much as I have seen from it, it's typical Jersey suburban. Mainly Russian population, some good ethnic food stores because of that

Old 03-13-2007, 07:18 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,930,263 times
Fair Lawn is OK. Nothing exciting, IMO. Schools are pretty good. My only reservation against Fair Lawn would be its proximity to Paterson. Parts of Fair Lawn that are closer to Paterson look very industrial and run-down. The rest of it is not bad.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:32 PM

359 posts, read 2,592,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
Fair Lawn is OK. Nothing exciting, IMO. Schools are pretty good. My only reservation against Fair Lawn would be its proximity to Paterson. Parts of Fair Lawn that are closer to Paterson look very industrial and run-down. The rest of it is not bad.
I completley dissagree with this. First of all Paterson is on the other side of the river. And the town over the bridge is Elmwood Park so your geography is a little off. And Fair Lawn to my knowledge has no run down areas and basically no industry.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:09 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,930,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJerzyKidUNO View Post
I completley dissagree with this. First of all Paterson is on the other side of the river. And the town over the bridge is Elmwood Park so your geography is a little off. And Fair Lawn to my knowledge has no run down areas and basically no industry.
Paterson borders Fair Lawn from the West, while Elmwood Park borders it from the South. So, there is nothing wrong with my geography. And yes, Paterson is on the other side of the river but it's not exactly Amazon River - it's a tiny, little river, which, like I said, makes it too close to Fair Lawn.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:22 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
So, there is nothing wrong with my geography. And yes, Paterson is on the other side of the river but it's not exactly Amazon River
..........LOL.........

Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 AM

28 posts, read 151,924 times
ira, fair lawn is a very EXPENSIVE area there are little to no run down areas, and the only industrial places are a little section of Morlot ave. Places close to the passaic river are not poor, typically just more weathered houses, the area overall is very nice. A schools, movie theatres, 10 pizzerias, 5 miles to 2 malls. Yea it may be close to P town but are town is nothing like theirs. And Elmwood Park? There is nothing wrong with them, they are a poorer town (meaning 2br 2bath houses dont cost $500,000) It is just a area that hasnt rebuilt as much as fair lawn.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:31 PM

90 posts, read 381,228 times
Default Fair Lawn is a great place

Quote:
Originally Posted by springcheer View Post
Hi,

Does anyone live in Fair Lawn? How about the Radburn section? Any input re: the town and its schools would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
My daughter has lived in Fair Lawn for over 13 years. I have visited all of those years and I have driven though the area that borders Patt. and it is not a run down or bad area. The houses are not 500k but they are still nice places. I guess it just depend on what each person thinks is a nice area.
As for the schools Thomas Jefferson Middle and Milnes Elem are the best. Both of my grandkids go to these schools. I have found that the population in Fair Lawn is mostly Jewish. So the food is great....they have the best RUBIN in the world....they bet NY.....LOL
Taxes are crazy...Look to pay 400 -600K for a house and taxes of 5-10K. Utlities are not cheap either.
The town as a whole is very safe.
I plan to move in the area when my house sell here. I would love to live in Fair Lawn but can not afford the taxes. So, I am looking in the eastern Pa area.
If I can answer any other question or I can call my daughter and she would be happy to help in anyway, just PM me.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:42 PM

28 posts, read 151,924 times
i dont know the last time youve been here but prices are well in the upper 4's and dont stop till the 6's and 7's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey