Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 09:43 PM

786 posts, read 2,665,053 times

Advertisements

I just finished watching "Guess Who", a 2005 film with Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher, and there were TONS of exterior shots of Cranford, as well as signs all over the place denoting that it was Cranford (Welcome Cranford sign, Cranford Cab, Cranford Police car, Cranford Hotal, Cranford train station, etc).

Guess Who (film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

It was totally cool, although they used another train station and depicted it as the Cranford train station, with signs and everything....

Do you guys know of other NJ towns that were heavily featured in Hollywood films?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 05:06 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,426 times
I believe Friday the 13th was filmed in Blairstown.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:06 AM
ira

657 posts, read 3,932,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
I just finished watching "Guess Who", a 2005 film with Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher, and there were TONS of exterior shots of Cranford, as well as signs all over the place denoting that it was Cranford (Welcome Cranford sign, Cranford Cab, Cranford Police car, Cranford Hotal, Cranford train station, etc).

Guess Who (film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

It was totally cool, although they used another train station and depicted it as the Cranford train station, with signs and everything....

Do you guys know of other NJ towns that were heavily featured in Hollywood films?
I beleive parts of "Beaches" with Bette Midler were shot in Atlantic City.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,330,568 times
The Amityville Horror was shot in my hometown of Toms River. I was a kid and I still remember all the hoopla about it. I remember years later-as a teen and in my early 20's and I had a running path that took me by the house that was used for the movie. It was right by the water and even though the house looks completely different than in the movie I would still look over at it and it would be a little freaky thinking about the movie

Nicolem

Last edited by nicolem; 03-14-2008 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 03-14-2008, 06:29 AM

173 posts, read 818,910 times
A lot of that Tom Hanks movie "Big" was filmed in NJ.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
The Amityville Horror was shot in my hometown of Toms River. I was a kid and I still remember all the hoopla about it. I remember years later-as a teen and in my early 20's and I had a running path that took me by the house that was used for the movie. It was right by the water and even though the house looks completely different than in the movie I would still look over at it and it would be a little freaky thinking about the movie
Nicolem
You're right:

The Amityville Horror (1979 film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The on-location scenes of The Amityville Horror were filmed at a house in Toms River, New Jersey, which had been converted to look like the 112 Ocean Avenue home after the authorities in Amityville denied permission for filming on the actual location. Exterior scenes were also filmed in Toms River. Local police and ambulance workers would play extras in the film, while the Toms River Volunteer Fire Company was used to provide the rain during several scenes.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:53 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,937,412 times
Coneheads was filmed in Paramus.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Cool...you're right also...some good pics here of the town as it is and in the film!
Friday The 13th: Film Location

Old 03-14-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
Coneheads was filmed in Paramus.
Actually, it looks like Paramus is pretty well used:

Old 03-14-2008, 07:30 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,611,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
..and Hope. Silver Lake was where the camp ground was. They just filmed a movie? or something along my street - in front of our house last year. Don't know what one but it was cool to watch - all the lights, the police... us country folk thought it was a crime scene or something at first. Now I'm watching every new movie that comes out to see what it was. A guy was jogging down the street, stopped to talk to someone in a van..then jogged off - that was the scene so if anyone comes across a movie with that scene let me know. They also filmed in Panther Valley Parking lot the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey