Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 01:04 PM

88 posts, read 367,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyntmac View Post
The airport isn't even in Newark.
You won't be there at all.
Are you for real?
WTF??? lolol the Airport IS in newark...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 01:17 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,962,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncorleyone View Post
WTF?? y do they have to be black? i know some pretty gangster white kids too.. and the new latin problem "MS-13".. Mannnn you have ZERO street smarts and you are misleading this poor little girl from Montana.. LOL..
Dude, do I really have to explain the meaning sarcasm to you over the internet?
Do you not have enough intuitive reading skills to pick up on the fact that the sheer ridiculousness of my statement alone indicates that I was mocking the original question & not black people or Newark?

Old 02-06-2009, 01:21 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,838 times
It is not in Newark. It is in Elizabeth.

Do parts of the airport have a Newark address?
If so- I am unaware but to an out-of-stater just using the airport- it is of no consequence.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:45 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,631,472 times
Quote:
This person is clearly flying- if you take this literally. They are NOT driving at all. They are not going to be circling the area in a car.

They did not ask for directions. LOL.
i was refering to what looked like an insult to her friends

Old 02-06-2009, 01:47 PM

1,453 posts, read 4,930,838 times
Oh please.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
zas

95 posts, read 283,268 times
Newark Airport Address: 10 Toler Place, Newark, New Jersey, NJ, 07114

Old 02-06-2009, 02:16 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,505,520 times
Get a cab! And no one is waiting outside the terminal to stab you. You and your friends are clearly off the mark.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:52 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,041,609 times
Quote:
It is not in Newark. It is in Elizabeth.

Do parts of the airport have a Newark address?
If so- I am unaware but to an out-of-stater just using the airport- it is of no consequence.
most areas of the airport (including the main passenger terminals) are located in newark, but the southern parts are actually in elizabeth, including some of the cargo terminals.

regardless, i agree with your main point that whether or not EWR is technically situated within newark's municipal boundaries is irrelevant to an out-of-stater whose only exposure to the city will be flying into the airport and then hopping on a train. because the facility is basically cut off from all of the city's neighborhoods, it does not pose a safety threat to the OP, meaning that she has no reason to worry.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:02 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,041,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonas View Post
I was making a mere reference of Newark's reputation, and as the person above mentioned; the person coming from out of state does not know anything about the city.
yes, we're all aware of newark's reputation. but what i was assuring her in my initial post is that she wouldn't have to worry about any of that, as she will not be passing through those rough areas. she'll be flying into town, then hopping on a train from the airport station. how is referencing newark's big bad reputation going to be of assistance to her? that's irrelevant to this discussion since it will have no effect on her.

the OP wants to know if she'll be safe making the trip from EWR to new brunswick, and the answer is a resounding yes. your experiences working in newark and walking down its streets are completely different from what this girl will experience in her very limited time at the airport.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:33 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,639,323 times
Wow!

People: This is a young girl (what 17 or 18 maybe) who is traveling out of state, possibly for the first time. What's with all this, "Give me a break nonsense?"

This board is to help people! This is not a place to be condescending.

To those of you who gave her very good advice, I applaud you!

The rest of you really *think* about the op...THINK!!!!

What if your daughter was going somewhere new?

OP: You'll be fine. You got some great advice. Enjoy your visit to Rutgers. It's a great school.

Shanny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey