Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:14 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,527,415 times

Advertisements

Dermatologists only want to do cosmetic work that patients pay for out of pocket. It's hard to find a good medical dermatologist. I bet if you were getting elective plastic surgery that day your experience would have been much different. I'm sorry for your trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 04:43 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,927 times
If you have insurance and this doc is in their network, contact them. I recently called an orthopedist to have a follow up on a wrist injury. The office told me that I had to have the hosp. fax over the report so the doc could review it to see if he would "accept" me as a patient. I jumped through all the hoops only to be told he reviewed the report and he would not take my case. I contacted the insurance company who called the office and was stunned when she was told the same thing. She gave me the name of another doc and told me that the incident would be handled internally.

You could also report your incident to the state medical board. I think they keep track of complaints and you can always check with them to check on docs before using them.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:10 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
Dermatologists only want to do cosmetic work that patients pay for out of pocket. It's hard to find a good medical dermatologist. I bet if you were getting elective plastic surgery that day your experience would have been much different. I'm sorry for your trouble.

You are probably right. If I were getting a face lift or implants, I'm sure it would have been much different, but yes, this was a necessary thing that insurance was covering at 100%.
I never thought of it that way.
Thanks, clevedark, I'm mad all over again. JK, not your fault at all. You gave me another way of looking at it.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:14 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,527,415 times
I'm sorry. If you find a good medical dermatologist, hold on to them!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:07 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,276,461 times
Sorry to hear this.

I've heard of similar before, though thankfully never experienced it first hand. Sounds like the guy needs a humility lesson. I like the idea of talking to your doctor about it. The butcher ... I mean, the dermatologist might not care for what you think, but he will be motivated by criticism from his peers.

Thanks for sharing, and good luck.

Last edited by elflord1973; 02-23-2009 at 09:09 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 02-25-2009, 09:13 AM

UPDATE!

I got a phone call from the office about my surgery asking how it went and how I was doing. I told the girl what happened.
She advised me to email the office manager and tell him about my experience.
I did.
I got a message this morning from the doctor and he BOLD FACED LIED!!
He said, "I tried to give you more shots each time you said you could feel it...."
He NEVER tried to give me even ONE more shot.
I'm even more angry about this now. I couldn't believe he could say that when it never happened!

I think he just called and said this to CYA.

Can you believe this?????????

Old 02-25-2009, 09:37 AM

315 posts, read 1,091,855 times
first i'm so sorry that you had to go thru that. i had a similar experience with a root canal. i was crying and couldn't breath (they have that rubber thing over your mouth) and first she tapped me on the nose and told me "that is what your nose is for" like i was five and then she told me i was being a baby and i'd gone thru worse procedures than that. (having had cancer but always had surgery with anesthesia). there is nothing more frustrating than an experience like yours with no way to resolve it.

maybe you need to take off the nice gloves and start getting mean. tell the office manager that you might just have to post his name on a national board (here) and also talk to your "good" friend at the paper/tv/radio station and let them know about your shoddy treatment. or if you have a friend who is a lawyer, let them write a letter on their letterhead that without an apology you are going to take matters farther.

none of these might work but you will feel better cause you threw a wrench into the works for a little while at least. (i'm not usually vindictive but i HATE being taken advantage of!!!!)

and if you're near short hills, come to neimans and i'll show you how to conceal the scar!

good luck to you!

Old 02-25-2009, 10:13 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
UPDATE!

I got a phone call from the office about my surgery asking how it went and how I was doing. I told the girl what happened.
She advised me to email the office manager and tell him about my experience.
I did.
I got a message this morning from the doctor and he BOLD FACED LIED!!
He said, "I tried to give you more shots each time you said you could feel it...."
He NEVER tried to give me even ONE more shot.
I'm even more angry about this now. I couldn't believe he could say that when it never happened!

I think he just called and said this to CYA.

Can you believe this?????????
He said, she said... I would not let this ruin your day - of course he is going to lie. Make a complaint to your PCP - at least your doctor won't (or shouldn't) recommend him to others. If you save one person from having to go thru this... it's a good thing.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:05 PM

You guys are right. He ruined my week enough already and yeah, wiley, he IS going to lie. Easier to do that than to own up to being an a#s.

I did tell my PCP the other day and she was appalled. Hopefully, she will not recommend them in the future.

sdweisman,
I'm so sorry you went through your experience as well. That's a terrible thing. I love when people think you're being a baby. I had three children, natural childbirth, two are twins and one was breach. DON'T TELL ME I CAN'T HANDLE PAIN!
You had cancer and that's worse than childbirth and I'm very sorry for that.
I'll see what this scar is going to look like and I just may contact you for concealing advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey