Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 10:23 AM

770 posts, read 3,681,999 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there were any beaches in central jersey that you can have a beach wedding without the reception? Anyone that can share their experience would be greatly appreciated. We are thinking of having the reception on Fort Monmouth at Lane Hall...but would like to get married on the beach somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 01:13 PM

32,958 posts, read 36,419,326 times
The only couples I've known, or heard of, had their wedding and reception at a resort, hotel on the beach.

Monmouth County Park System*Seven Presidents Oceanfront Park, Long Branch

That's a link to an oceanside park just east of Fort Monmouth.

Have a look at these:

Monmouth County Beaches NJ, marinas, charter boats, beaches, eateries & relaxing

Lighthouses of Monmouth County, New Jersey

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:01 PM

65 posts, read 280,195 times
When and where were you thinking about having the wedding? If it's off season, you could probably make arrangements through whoever "owns" the beach - the public entity or private association. which could be the govt (local or state) or privately owned by an association.

Congrats!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:52 PM

770 posts, read 3,681,999 times
It is actually my sister in law looking to get married. She lives up there. She is looking at spring 2010 or summer 2010.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:11 PM

249 posts, read 754,363 times
I've seen a ton of wedding on the beaches in Long Branch, but I believe they were wedding-reception combos. The Ocean Place Resort/Spa does weddings and receptions on the beach and the beach near McLoones has been a ceremony spot as well.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:44 PM

6 posts, read 21,520 times
Why not consider a Destination Beach Wedding
Your guests go to the destination via Cruise Ship
For Example 5 nights to Bermuda from NJ
Then everyone vacations in Bermuda. If you get enough
guests to travel on the cruise with you, the bride and
groom can sail for free only paying taxes.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:00 PM

3 posts, read 13,549 times
There seem to be several beautiful locations off the NJ Shore for a beach wedding. Here's a link to some options in Central Jersey. NJWedding.com Search Results - List Of Wedding Vendors

I just helped my cousin with a beach wedding, and we loved the accessories from Brides Village. They have great customer service and offer reasonable prices. Here's a link to their beach wedding accessories: Beach Wedding Accessories , Wedding Favors, Wedding Accessories and more | BridesVillage.com….

One of my favorites is the seaside placecard holders that can double up as favors: Seaside Jewels Frame or Placecard Holder - Beach Wedding Accessories - only the best for your wedding | BridesVillage.com.

Good luck with everything - the Jersey Shore is a beautiful place to have a wedding!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,920,954 times
Manasquan allows weddings on their beaches, specifically Inlet Beach. It's an absolutely beautiful spot. Just go down to borough hall, fill out a form for your date and if it's available, they'll normally approve it at the next council meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: