Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 09:00 AM

114 posts, read 208,960 times

Advertisements

Hey Was watching ESPN the other night and it got me thinking how we only have one team in NJ we have no Football team, Baseball team, and soon enough no basketball team. We had thethat soccer team called the Metro something but i heard they were bought out and had to change thier name under NY I think it's NY Redbull or something like that correct me if i'm wrong. Just wondering how the rest of you feel about the abandonment of our team going form here to NY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 09:16 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,708,690 times
No matter what the Jersey says, it will be the NJ Jets very soon. They're moving their headquarters to Florham Park.

NY on the jersey is nothing more than a PR move for the media and the team to make money.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:19 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
Simple. People in NJ don't support their teams. Part of the reason the Nets are moving to Brooklyn, is because the Nets never sellout. You got a team with Jason Kidd, RJ, and now Vince Carter, and no one still comes out and support? Also, NJ is between NYC and Philly. It is hard to put a team in NJ when you have cities with over a million people, right next door.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:20 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Eh, I'm alright with it. Yeah, many of the teams that play in venues in New Jersey have New York names. So what? At least we can go to the Meadowlands or Newark Arena or Red Bull Stadium right here in New Jersey to see them! I feel worse for New Yorkers. Even though the teams are named for their area they have to schlep out here to see them play!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:39 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,669 times
You got a point, but most New Yorkers aren't that crazy over football. Baseball is the true sport of the Big Apple. I'm only one subway stop away from Shea. Also, I'm only about 40 minuets from Yankee Stadium. Now who has to schelp extra money to see the Mets or Yankees?

Old 03-31-2007, 09:58 AM

1,696 posts, read 5,193,183 times
The majority of the state likes the Rangers over the Devils! I guess because the Devils are relitively new. There pretty into sports here, they just have any teams!
"BUT", they do have Englishtown Raceway", one of the hottest NRHA tracks in the nation!

Old 03-31-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Simple. People in NJ don't support their teams. Part of the reason the Nets are moving to Brooklyn, is because the Nets never sellout. You got a team with Jason Kidd, RJ, and now Vince Carter, and no one still comes out and support? Also, NJ is between NYC and Philly. It is hard to put a team in NJ when you have cities with over a million people, right next door.
I would agree with you but speak from my experience as well as alot of people i come across it's not that we do't want to support our teams it's just not as Convenient as going to MSG. I think about it they play down in east rutherford NJ there isn't a direct train line to get down there and to take a bus takes to much time traffic to get down there lets not talk about that. But now we have a stadium going up in Newark that very easy access and i gurantee you had the Nets decided to stay then that would not have been an issue the owner ofthe nets even stated that they wanted to build a staduim further up north but there was alot of issues getting the plans finalized.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Eh, I'm alright with it. Yeah, many of the teams that play in venues in New Jersey have New York names. So what? At least we can go to the Meadowlands or Newark Arena or Red Bull Stadium right here in New Jersey to see them! I feel worse for New Yorkers. Even though the teams are named for their area they have to schlep out here to see them play!
Haha you know I never thought about that but it's just to say we have a team i under the Jersey name it's a shame that how no one wants to claim jersey but doesn't mind using our staduim i mean come own show some pride

Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
You got a point, but most New Yorkers aren't that crazy over football. Baseball is the true sport of the Big Apple. I'm only one subway stop away from Shea. Also, I'm only about 40 minuets from Yankee Stadium. Now who has to schelp extra money to see the Mets or Yankees?
That may be true but in jersey there aren't that big of Baseball fans either and for the fans we do have i'm pretty sure they don't mind going to the nearest Hooters (I know I don't)

Old 03-31-2007, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
The majority of the state likes the Rangers over the Devils! I guess because the Devils are relitively new. There pretty into sports here, they just have any teams!
"BUT", they do have Englishtown Raceway", one of the hottest NRHA tracks in the nation!
That is so true I can't wait for the season to start
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey