Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 12:09 PM

19 posts, read 140,805 times

Advertisements

My husband is being transferred to TX, so we'll be leaving the home in Middletown we've only lived in 2 1/2 yrs (moved here from MI)... and I just finished repainting inside ::sighs::.
While we work out details with his company regarding the move I wanted to list the house FSBO, other then on Craigslist are there any other free sites we could try? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for getting word/photos out?

Thanks so much!
forever relocating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 12:59 PM

744 posts, read 1,406,883 times
If relocating is so frequent buying is a little silly, transaction costs are going to kill you. Of course things change and you probably were expecting to be there for a decade...

In this market you really need to get in the MLS, which you can do FSBO with a bunch of places I think (at least google searches seem to indicate so). And you want to make it obvious you will pay the buyer's agent their percentage - it's a buyers market you can't afford to limit buyers.

Of course if the RE cheerleaders are right andNJ bottomed in November 08 then you should wait a few more months for the price to increase further.

One of the realtors here might have better advice, though being realtors probably don't know that much about FSBO (since they by definition deal with for sale by realtor ).

Old 05-16-2009, 05:11 PM

19 posts, read 140,805 times
Thanks for the post. I wouldn't say our relocating is frequent, though we only planned to be here a couple years (figured we've move back home, but given the economy in MI that's not a good idea), but never considered renting (just prefer to own, even if only for a few years). Hopefully TX will be a long term location... I'm ready to be away from winter and closer to family I have there.

We sold our last home FSBO in MI which is why I'm looking into doing the same here (nice to save on those fees)... though I know with this market it might not be very likely (hence why I'm looking into it now, just to feel the waters before we commit to using the woman who helped us buy the house a few years ago once we have all the relocation details worked out.. ie no huge rush to officially list with her as my husband can continue working in NYC until we sell).

I am politely requesting that NO Realtors/RE Agents/Brokers post in this thread. This thread is for people who have chosen to sell FSBO to speak about their experiences in this area. And if a Moderator feels that there is a better place to put this thread, then feel free to move it to the correct forum. Also no solicitations regarding credit/debt etc, we don't have any issues we're just moving

Old 05-16-2009, 05:41 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,099,707 times
Advertising outside of Craigslist for FSBOs is diffucult. I would say that Craigslist is your best bet as the traffic that visits that site will not be compared anywhere else. If you are looking for pay service, I have seen Forsalebyowner.com work for some people. Other than that, there really is not much out there that will get you your bang for your buck.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:45 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,021,879 times
You could list it as an exclusive to get a jump on the market. This will allow the listing office to work on the marketing, get the local agents in to see the home, and possibly bring buyers that they know are looking in your area. This will also help you to get a feel for the market, and where the pricing should be. The house will need to be priced right to sell within the specific timeframe. Where are you located?

Old 05-16-2009, 07:54 PM

831 posts, read 2,439,067 times
Advertise on Google, Trulia, and Zillow all free you'll get great exposure. This is where most realtors advertise anyway.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:03 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,048,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio M View Post
You could list it as an exclusive to get a jump on the market. This will allow the listing office to work on the marketing, get the local agents in to see the home, and possibly bring buyers that they know are looking in your area. This will also help you to get a feel for the market, and where the pricing should be. The house will need to be priced right to sell within the specific timeframe. Where are you located?
Nice, guys. She specifically asked for no Realtors to post and you guys jump in as if you never read it... And now, thanks to you, so have I...

-Marc

Old 05-17-2009, 09:54 AM

1,049 posts, read 4,021,879 times
OK, OK I'm guilty, I didn't read that part. Just trying to give the OP sound advice, As the spring market wears, real buyer will have purchased, leaving less buyers.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,430 times
You can list your home for free at [url]http://freehomesforsalebyowner.com[/url] in like 5 minutes. I listed mine there...

Old 05-21-2011, 08:57 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,048,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmcfarlan View Post
You can list your home for free at FreeHomesForSaleByOwner.com - view all free home listings in the US in like 5 minutes. I listed mine there...
QM that is a silly amateur hour site. The best FSBO site by far is www.forsalebyowner.com

It actually has listings and is reasonably well implemented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: