Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times

Advertisements

haha its funny watching teachers trying to convince people that their jobs are difficult. i remember when i went to school as a young Captain the teachers would complain of being underpaid. what other job do people spend so much time trying to convince others they are underpaid and soooo important? their jobs are stress free and easy with tons of time off. its funny how they think they are smart because they talk down to a bunch of kids all day long and then they speak in a condescending tone to adults. it doesnt work as well when the people you are lecturing arent a bunch of teenagers that you can send to the principal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
often a thankless job
i had to come back to this point because im a jerk. how many of us are thanked for our jobs? its amazing that most of us go to work, do our job and get paid. we dont ask for thanks nor do we expect it. however, look at this teacher thinking that he should be thanked for his job. teachers are the most thanked profession because people buy into this crap. they brainwash students into thinking they are so deserving of praise, more money, etc. its insane. if i said "nobody thanks me for my job" people would laugh in my face. the stuff teachers get away with saying is incredible.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:20 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,897,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i had to come back to this point because im a jerk. how many of us are thanked for our jobs? its amazing that most of us go to work, do our job and get paid. we dont ask for thanks nor do we expect it. however, look at this teacher thinking that he should be thanked for his job. teachers are the most thanked profession because people buy into this crap. they brainwash students into thinking they are so deserving of praise, more money, etc. its insane. if i said "nobody thanks me for my job" people would laugh in my face. the stuff teachers get away with saying is incredible.
How many people insult your profession when they know nothing about what you really do? How many times has your job come up on this board and you feel a need to defend it? Do you think that because you sat in a classroom you know what your teachers did to educate you...oh, wait. I understand now. It is obvious that your teachers really must have been lazy-do-nothings that didn't teach you anything...that's why you don't know you a** from your elbow.

I wont bother defending what I do. You are simply too ignorant to understand.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:35 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,677 times
Quote:
haha its funny watching teachers trying to convince people that their jobs are difficult. i remember when i went to school as a young Captain the teachers would complain of being underpaid. what other job do people spend so much time trying to convince others they are underpaid and soooo important? their jobs are stress free and easy with tons of time off. its funny how they think they are smart because they talk down to a bunch of kids all day long and then they speak in a condescending tone to adults. it doesnt work as well when the people you are lecturing arent a bunch of teenagers that you can send to the principal.
My daughter is a teacher of 3rd grade....she has 16 students......on the face of it that sounds easy.....until you add in she has 2 autistic children and 7 inclusion students in her class then the difficulty and stress to perform goes through the ceiling.......add dealing with idiot parents like yourself into the equation and the task becomes almost impossible.......for the record just exactly what are you "CAPTAIN" of.......the ship of fools ?

Old 06-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
the stuff teachers get away with saying is incredible.
Not compared to the nonsense of your posts in this thread !!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:40 PM

86 posts, read 247,968 times
Quote:
how many years have you taught? or are you just talking out of your backside

Old 06-05-2009, 04:44 PM

86 posts, read 247,968 times
Quote:
i think no one thanks you for your job because you suck at it.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:35 AM

teachers are an angry group of people. i think its a great job. i would love for my wife to be a teacher. low stress, great hours, lots of time off, great benefits, decent pay, etc. i understand why you guys take the job. its just annoying how much teachers talk about how important they are and deserve so much thanks. im sure it has to do with the fact that they bounce these ideas off of kids that dont know any better and they agree with everything they say.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
i think no one thanks you for your job because you suck at it.
i get thanked every week when the direct deposit hits my account. thats why i work, thats all i need from my work.

i think what makes me so good at what i do is because im such a people person. haha

Old 06-06-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
i get thanked every week when the direct deposit hits my account. thats why i work, thats all i need from my work.

i think what makes me so good at what i do is because im such a people person. haha

I think perhaps a screen name change from CaptainNJ to CaptainSwelledHead would be appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey