Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 03:05 PM

962 posts, read 541,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what is the best way to get out of jury duty? should i ignore the letter and hope they dont bother me? should i proceed the questionnaire and proceed to hope i can be disqualified?

i am philosophically opposed to jury duty, opposed to the enforcement of many of the crown's laws (and i would never go against my beliefs to satisfy the law), i am opposed to the notion that i have a right to judge someone else and i dont support the methodology of jury duty even if they did it consistent with my beliefs. plus, its a waste of my time.

i dont think i qualify to enforce the crown's laws. i wouldnt bother saying all this but i figure some people will come here and tell me to do my civic duty and service on jury duty. i have no civic duties where the government is involved.
Saying dopey things like that in court might do the job. Do tell the judge and attorneys "you don't qualify to enforce the crown's laws".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 07:40 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,869,313 times

Old 07-10-2018, 08:14 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
If you don't report for jury duty the judge will issue a bench warrant.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:23 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
Saying dopey things like that in court might do the job. Do tell the judge and attorneys "you don't qualify to enforce the crown's laws".
they arent dopey but i can see how a statist would think that.

i was hoping to avoid making the trip. i never signed anything saying that i would obey the crown's laws, i sure as hell will not help them enforce them.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:34 AM

So why do you? Why not speed? Murder? Why have a passport or pay any taxes?

Because you're a citizen with rights and those rights require service. Go do your stupid jury duty and be done with it or move to another country. Nobody's asking you to be drafted into the military for two years, there's no requirement to guard the borders, they're asking you to sit in an air conditioned room for a few days and be fair and impartial.

You didn't sign anything saying you'd help but no part of the government signed anything saying they'd help maintain civilization.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:42 AM

5,153 posts, read 3,762,104 times
Quote:
they arent dopey but i can see how a statist would think that.

i was hoping to avoid making the trip. i never signed anything saying that i would obey the crown's laws, i sure as hell will not help them enforce them.
Not worth the trouble not appearing. Most cases you won't even get called and will be sent home by the fourth day. If you are called as a potential juror there are ways to make sure you are not one of the selected.

I was called for jury duty in Trenton and the online never asked me to appear. Local Monmouth County I had to appear. The case was an injury caused by some idiot not being able to properly use a chainsaw. I said no one should be able to sue a company based on not knowing how to operate equipment and the lawyer had me dismissed. End of jury duty.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoney View Post
they're asking you to sit in an air conditioned room for a few days and be fair and impartial.
they are actually commanding me to and threatening me penalties to do it. as someone else mentioned, non-compliance can lead to an armed government enforcer forcibly kidnapping me.

that is why i generally comply with the crown's laws. because of the threat of penalties up to murder if i dont.

many laws i comply with because i would anyway.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:02 AM

You should really look into Montana, plenty of sovereign citizens out there.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:09 AM

4,029 posts, read 3,639,406 times
Quote:
i am philosophically opposed to jury duty, opposed to the enforcement of many of the crown's laws (and i would never go against my beliefs to satisfy the law),
Quote:
that is why i generally comply with the crown's laws. because of the threat of penalties up to murder if i dont.
Rebel or law-abiding citizen? Make up your mind, Captain.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Rebel or law-abiding citizen? Make up your mind, Captain.
its always funny when people try to limit other people's options because they dont agree with them. "oh you dont like it, then move to another country!" "either rebel or be a law abiding citizen."

i dont harm anyone, the government does. it is the one that should change, not me. in the meantime, i will live my life the best way i can and i will follow most laws because it wouldnt benefit me not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey