Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:50 AM

37 posts, read 237,984 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My wife and my 4.5-year-old son will go to Six Flags at Jackson tomorrow. Can I drop them off there to save the parking fee?

Also, any recommendation or advice considering my son's age? For example, which ride(s) may be best suitable for him? Is it too much for him to plan for the whole day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,977,097 times
Six Flags Great Adventure

Give them a call to verify. I know you can drop off on the entrance road, but that would be a little bit of a hike to get to the park entrance.

As for your son, they have several areas of kids rides that are geared for that age. Check out the park map. Also, check the entertainment schedule on your way in, there might be some decent shows for him.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:34 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,430 times
No..no drop offs at entrance. You would need to drop them off before you pay at the booths. They wont let you in without paying cause they cant tell if you are really just dropping off. It will be a far walk, but its worth saving the $10 fee or whatever high price they charge.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:37 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,524,003 times
Wow, that's disgusting that they charge for parking. I would boycott the place. What a rip off.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:54 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,977,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
Wow, that's disgusting that they charge for parking. I would boycott the place. What a rip off.
If you boycott for parking fees, which amusement park would you be able to go to?

Old 06-12-2009, 09:21 AM

229 posts, read 923,270 times
Six flags has gone downhill. I would suggest Hershey Park as an alternative. Little far, but nicer place, imho.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:39 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
If you boycott for parking fees, which amusement park would you be able to go to?
Knoebels

Old 06-12-2009, 09:52 AM

31 posts, read 103,478 times
you can drop off, but yes, it can be a tiny bit far. I can't remember, but I believe there is a sign and section for it.

They have a kids section that's fantastic. The whole day might be a bit long for him though, since if you're not on a ride, you're standing in a line with other hot, irritable children

Old 06-12-2009, 11:53 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,125,708 times
The thing is, you put a parking fee in there, people are less likely to come in in seperate vehicles.

You get 7 people in a mini-van you are set. You get every couple/person coming in in their own vehicle, you will be waiting quite a while in line to get in (If I remember right, the line can go right back to the highway during peak season! Even WITH parking fees!)

Old 06-12-2009, 02:51 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of amusement parks out there require you to pay for parking. And some of them do not have "drop-off" friendly places. I think the park that is drop-off friendly, for me, so far had to be Universal Studios Hollywood (although, USO is much better). I couldn't stop staring at the drop-off place because it just felt like I was at a local mall with parents dropping off kids right there. All they had to do was walk several feet pass the spinning globe to reach the ticket booth. Second, for me, would be Disney Land since they have a Downtown Disney parking lot where it's free for the first few hours. So, dropping off people isn't a problem there.

*sighs* All the good parks are in PA. They're all far. Even if their parking is $15 per car, quality is more favorable than Six Flags. If there was a Disney theme park in the NYC tri-state area, heck.. I'd even go there over Six Flags. (Despite, their ticket prices have risen outrageously over the decade and the whole birthday-free gimmick isn't well-thought out).

Yet, it can't be helped that Gadv is our home park. At least, the safari is nice... The park does please the thrillseekers/enthusiastics. I've still yet to ride El Toro...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey