Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 03:16 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonsquad View Post
Truer words were never spoken. Sheeple follow the shepherd. Unfortunately, the shepherd has led them to the edge of a cliff and there is nowhere to go but down. Look out below. Green chutes!!
goonsquad -- another name to add to the list of Doom & Gloomer's, who feverishly hope for the decline of western civilization
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
Dismiss seasonal flucuations.
Dismiss YOY trends.
Dismiss Case-Shiller.
hey, you're catching on !

just driving around (out in the real world, you know?), I see far fewer "for sale" signs than I did just 6 months ago...

Old 06-23-2009, 06:46 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post

just driving around (out in the real world, you know?), I see far fewer "for sale" signs than I did just 6 months ago...

LOLOL just comical. Do you mean to tell me that by comparing Christmas and the Holidays real estate numbers to now tells you all you need know? Wow you are dense.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:47 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,883 times
Quote:

You are a genius.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 PM

268 posts, read 761,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
MarketWatch.com Story

May's sales up 2.4% to the highest level since September/October of last year.

April prices unchanged in the mid-atlantic and up 1% in New England. Rounded numbers. Declines in 5 regions, increases in 4.
bahahaa... i always do enjoy your posts.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
You are a genius.
thanks, I know -- the internet IQ tests told me so

Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,275,798 times
Quote:
yes, it's the favorite data source of the ivory-tower types.

out in the real world, hardly anyone uses that crap when they decide to buy a home.
Sure, that's because "hardly anyone" who decides to buy a home in this market is paying any attention to what is happening in the housing market.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:03 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,698,387 times
Quote:
I see far fewer "for sale" signs than I did just 6 months ago...
There are fewer homes for sale that is for sure. People aren't selling in my areas. At least very few are and most of the current listings are on the less desirable streets etc... The number of listings is down dramatically. But that being said prices still continue to dip. Nothing dramatic but still not getting what they were getting last year, etc...

Why aren't people selling? My guess is bad market, limited job transfers, upside on mortgages, people trying to time the market better.

I just can't wait till things normalize out and things get back to close to normal...

Old 06-24-2009, 07:11 AM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,988 times
Quote:

Because they are all now in foreclosure. Try looking for lock boxes instead.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:20 AM

231 posts, read 587,349 times
Quote:
goonsquad -- another name to add to the list of Doom & Gloomer's, who feverishly hope for the decline of western civilization
You can add me to the list of people who acknowledges that NJ real estate prices should, are, and will continue to drop to revert to historical norms. Also add me to the list of people who didn't call a real estate bottom in November for NJ. Also, please add me to these lists:

- Knows how to read historical charts
- Reads entire articles and not just the headlines
- Makes decisions based on information and not gut feel
- Knows basic math
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey