Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 08:29 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times

Advertisements

On another thread, the bashing took the form of "New Jerseyans are rude/angry/ready to snap" - an old familiar bash we all have heard, ad nauseum... So when I voiced disagreement, what was the response??? "Look how BCJ snapped! He just proved it to be true!!!" LOL

That's the mentality of these idiots. I have no doubt in my mind that the people who claim that they find New Jerseyans to be so rude and angry do so because they provoke people with their ignorant, offensive remarks. Of COURSE New Jerseyans will be rude or angry when you provoke us! Same with the people from any state - it's human nature, no matter where someone is from. Go tell the Washington board that the people there are jerks, and of course they'll be "jerks" back, in defense of themselves.

And the biggest idiots are the people who hate the state but still live here, and talk about how they're "going to" or "trying to" move to whichever state they believe has the greener grass. Obviously, something is better about NJ that is keeping them here; they want to pretend that's not the case, but the reality is that they're still here, and their paradise just can't give them what NJ is giving them.

To shannybananny, the OP, don't let those idiots keep you from posting here. We'll just beat them back with our "rudeness" everytime they say something stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
If I ever leave NJ it'll be for a job opportunity and or "more affordable" housing, but I'll never ever bash NJ on the way out.

NJ is uniquely good although it does have its problems financially via Trenton.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:34 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
I used to be a regular on these forums.

I am hardly on this site anymore due to people from all over the country bashing our state.

Worry about your own state with their set of problems.

...just really annoyed!

Shanny
Don't let them put you down.

Remember that you're a Jersey Girl and Jersey Girls ARE TOUGH and will defend the people and things they love!

Old 07-05-2009, 08:41 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
If I ever leave NJ it'll be for a job opportunity and or "more affordable" housing, but I'll never ever bash NJ on the way out.

I'm thinking of leaving NJ for the Southwest, just for a change of scenery, and because I love the desert. But as you said, I wouldn't bash NJ. Even if I ended up loving Nevada or Arizona or California more, and ended up staying there the rest of my life, I still would have nothing bad to say about NJ. I think the people who bash NJ will end up being miserable and bashing anyplace they move to; they are just malcontents at heart. Or, they're just very prejudiced, out of ignorance.

And although this state may have financial problems and governance problems, such things are the same in every state. When I travel around the nation, I meet people in every state who say how corrupt and mismanaged their state is, it's nothing unique to one state or another.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:46 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post

A lot of States have problems finacially---California is looking at bankruptsy(sp), Pennsylvania doesn't have a State budget, etc. The problems in Trenton are similar to other states so when people bash NJ due to this, they're not looking in their own back yard.

If you go into the NEPA (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre/the Poconos) you'll see that people from NJ are blamed for the crime/drugs, etc in the Scranton area BUT if the crimes committed by people native to NEPA are mentioned then all he** breaks loose.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,631,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
I used to be a regular on these forums.

I am hardly on this site anymore due to people from all over the country bashing our state.

Worry about your own state with their set of problems.

...just really annoyed!

Shanny
I think u have a point, usually it seems when people learn I'm from here, they treat me bad, I've been called a jersey jerk and NJ, land of most ****** per sq mile. but then there are a few out-of-staters who think it's a cool place even if they never been.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:44 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
I'm from out of state. Chicago is my home town.
I've been to New Jersey. The state appeals to me, I like New Jersey. It's scenic, close to NYC, and the people are okay. Put me down as one who likes New Jersey!

Old 07-06-2009, 01:31 AM

27 posts, read 77,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
NJ is the richest state in the US and the US is the richest county on Earth. nuff said..
This is the sort of thing that really adds to the feeling that we from NJ are pompous Jacka....

The media doesn't help. Real houswives...MTV's True life "I'm a jersey shore girl"

But the simple truth is that many people in NJ do walk around with the belief that the rest of the world owes them "respect", and if anyone does anything to make them feel anything less than on top of the world that they should beat it out of them.... In other states, particularly in the south, people help themselves by helping others - they earn respect, and they realize that money and material possesions aren't everything. There is a greater focus on family and community and what is given to others is not expected to result in personal or political gain. There are a lot of educated people in NJ with quite a lot of money....if we could shift our attitudes a little we could all do much good working as one.

As an aside - an observation - anyone else out there notice that almost everyone out there that drives a Dodge Magnum, or a Chevy Avalanche (or equiv. escalade with bed) fit the mold of the folks that walk around like their the king of the world (NJ jerk). Next time you see one of these vehicles on the road - I bet they're driving like a idiot and cutting off everyone - thats their attitude showing in their driving. Crazy - but just watch for it!

Old 07-06-2009, 04:46 AM

1,369 posts, read 4,639,323 times
Thanks guys!

My point is this: I lived in California for 12 years. I don't go on the California forum bashing them....even though they have TONS of problems including my not receiving my state tax return from last year which I will never see...sigh!

Shanny

P.S....I would really like to "help" the economy by buying a new flat screen TV with the tax return money from Calf....oh wait! ...LOL...again, did I post that on the Calf forum? no...I did not! lol

Old 07-06-2009, 04:47 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
"This is the sort of thing that really adds to the feeling that we from NJ are pompous Jacka.... "

Yeah! He's not even a real New Jerseyian, moved here from PA. Who let him in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PompLks View Post
This is the sort of thing that really adds to the feeling that we from NJ are pompous Jacka....

The media doesn't help. Real houswives...MTV's True life "I'm a jersey shore girl"

But the simple truth is that many people in NJ do walk around with the belief that the rest of the world owes them "respect", and if anyone does anything to make them feel anything less than on top of the world that they should beat it out of them.... In other states, particularly in the south, people help themselves by helping others - they earn respect, and they realize that money and material possesions aren't everything. There is a greater focus on family and community and what is given to others is not expected to result in personal or political gain. There are a lot of educated people in NJ with quite a lot of money....if we could shift our attitudes a little we could all do much good working as one.

As an aside - an observation - anyone else out there notice that almost everyone out there that drives a Dodge Magnum, or a Chevy Avalanche (or equiv. escalade with bed) fit the mold of the folks that walk around like their the king of the world (NJ jerk). Next time you see one of these vehicles on the road - I bet they're driving like a idiot and cutting off everyone - thats their attitude showing in their driving. Crazy - but just watch for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey