Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:18 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Most of the hate is uncalled for, butI think they're jealous. Jersey has everything: close access to major cities, farm and country living, rich suburbs, gambling, shore resorts, some of the best naturally grown fruits and veggies in America, some of the best food in American, good education, good mass transit (in most parts), and of course the best feature of all, me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Make that 2 best features: you then me. You can take me out of Jersey but you can't take Jersey out of me.

OK, while I don't know either of you personally, here is my paltry 2 cents worth:
I LOVE New Jersey!

If I could afford to, I would live there. I grew up in Colorado & moved to upstate NY when I got married. I'm not a fan of winters anymore & the taxes are killing me, but I really do love the northeast. When my niece's husband was in the Navy, they lived in NJ. Another relative lived in NJ & worked @ the WTC. I found out you can pack a lot of fun into one weekend in NJ, so I came back at least once a month for 2 years.

I was so surprised at how beautiful and green everything was, and I have yet to taste a better tomato or cob of corn than those from Jersey. I also have fond memories of some great mani-pedi shops in Jersey (hey these things matter! ). I love that I am not too far from some great beaches. And the people ARE friendly. How NJ ever got the reputation for rudeness escapes me. I worked for an airline & saw rudeness everywhere - what a stupid myth for NJ to have to fight down.

Anyway........ just an out-of-stater here, letting all you Jersey folk know not everyone buys into the stereotypes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 06:39 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Shanny
Don't let em get to you..some of them are disgruntled ex jerseans who left for Nirvana only to realize it's not where they are at,they left Nirvana when they left Jersey and for whatever reason they can't come back to Jersey

Old 07-06-2009, 07:22 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
I am a native, just back from a 10 day trip to LBI and northern NJ. Incredible seafood, Italian delis and great people remain. The only thing we saw that has changed for the worse is the Parkway. That used to be such a pleasant ride. Last week it was death-defying. It wasn't so much the speeders, it was the weavers. I lost count how many times we were cut off. The cell phone laws are obviously taken as a suggestion only, as are blinkers. On the other hand, cutting down the amount of toll booths were an improvement long overdue, so I guess it's a wash.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:24 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
i approve this thread

eff the haters

Old 07-06-2009, 07:25 AM

59 posts, read 86,920 times
I have noticed that New Jersey is bashed on this site daily. Their argument is that Jersey is filled with arrogant, rude, impatient and Type A personalities. The majority of people that bash Jersey are from LA and want to compete with NYC or are hillbillies that live in the south and watch nascar.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:40 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Try to find the bread and good pastry anywhere but NJ. The state has its problems but it still is a great place to live. Those that always knock the state have never been anywhere but the NJ turnpike or Newark Airport.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:38 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
Thanks guys!

My point is this: I lived in California for 12 years. I don't go on the California forum bashing them....even though they have TONS of problems including my not receiving my state tax return from last year which I will never see...sigh!

Shanny

P.S....I would really like to "help" the economy by buying a new flat screen TV with the tax return money from Calf....oh wait! ...LOL...again, did I post that on the Calf forum? no...I did not! lol
That really, really sucks. I mean it. You are probably handling it better than I would. I'd be on the PA Turnpike to I-80, en route to Sacramento if I were you.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Many of us who lived in several states will visit those state or city CD forums. You will find everyone bashes their home state/city as well those adopted states they also left.

I was born in NJ and spent my first 36 years there before escaping 15 years ago. I dont bad mouth it even if there are bad things. I'm happy to be out but cant wait to go back and visit so go figure. Whenever I buy plane tickets I just keep looking at the calender for the day to come. Then when I get there I spend more time driving past or stopping at all my old stomping grounds then I do visiting family.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:22 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,634,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/PHILLY/NJ/NYC
I have noticed that New Jersey is bashed on this site daily. Their argument is that Jersey is filled with arrogant, rude, impatient and Type A personalities. The majority of people that bash Jersey are from LA and want to compete with NYC or are hillbillies that live in the south and watch nascar.
To be honest, most of the people in NJ, fit that bill.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:40 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
To be honest, most of the people in NJ, fit that bill.
Yea, and outsiders act like it's a bad thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey