Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:20 PM

249 posts, read 883,106 times

Advertisements

Typical you do the work they get the commission
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 12:49 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,632 times
As long as they own the exclusive rights to MLS we're stuck with them. It's funny too, how they really think they offer some great value-added service. Whatever.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:59 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,276,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
As long as they own the exclusive rights to MLS we're stuck with them. It's funny too, how they really think they offer some great value-added service. Whatever.
I suspect that between Trulia etc and propertyshark, we can pull up most of the information that is listed on the MLS.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:05 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,969 times
Yeah...unfortunately the real estate profession is a magnet for dim, greedy women with control freak issues. They are not all bad but it sounds as if yours is. Not to worry though, simply go through another realtor: there are many of them, since anyone can pass the test and be one! LOL. If your realtor is as bad as you say, she will not be around long. The cream always rises to the top and the turds always fall to the bottom! LOL.
Don't get me started on the greed of realtors. I blame much of the recession and housing bust on their greed. And the realtors in my town of Boise too advantage of a 1990's California invasion to raise our home prices to absurd levels.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBone View Post
I believe the recent boom has caused many people to become realtors to try and take advantage of easy fast money. So now the industry is loaded with inexperienced unhappy dissatisfied real estate agents.
I had a funny real estate agent experience. I was moving in June from a rented house and was getting calls from realtors who wanted to show the house to potential tenants.

One of them called and said she would be there at 3:30 with her clients. An hour and a half later, I figured they weren't going to show up and was just coming up from the basement with my laundry when I heard one of my cats make this REAOUWWWW! noise she makes when a stranger comes into the house and I heard a shriek coming from the driveway. The cat had leapt to the open window in the dining room, so I looked out another window and saw this blonde woman in a black dress and spike heels tottering backwards over the uneven concrete of the driveway, trying to keep her balance. I opened the back door and asked this woman if she was OK--apparently, her clients had called and said they were running late and would meet her at the house at five. She'd rung the doorbell, which didn't always work, and then walked around and peeked in the open dining room window, where Mattie spied her and did her watch-cat thing. The woman was a wreck, and told me she is deathly afraid of cats because they are sneaky and evil and that she would just wait outside and let me show her clients around when they got there.

I could barely contain my laughter at the sight of this woman dressed like she was going to a cocktail party stumbling around and shaking like a leaf because she saw a cat. I think she should find another line of work.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
I suspect that between Trulia etc and propertyshark, we can pull up most of the information that is listed on the MLS.
Yeah, but right now they have a monopoly on the listings because they are so big.

And let's not forget Foxtons, which was supposed to be a competitor, and how that ended.

There's been talking of breaking it up, under anti-trust laws, which I would be favor of.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:58 PM

234 posts, read 814,154 times
I loved foxtons....their site was easy to navigate and had a lot of info and pics.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:01 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
i remember a friend whose father owns a real estate business said they didnt have a chance with the 3% commission and paying the realtors a salary. was that basically the story of their demise?

Old 09-22-2009, 03:19 PM

Foxtons did have a nice website.

It was 3% commission, but you had to show your own house from what I remember.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:03 PM

777 posts, read 2,381,085 times
Foxtons agents were very hard to reach and many of their agents were inept. They did have a great web site with many pictures/virtual tours of the listing house. Their business model was based on high volume, so when the market hit the skids, so did Foxtons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey