Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:10 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i understand what you are saying, but i can see how you get stuck in this situation dealing with someone and not wanting to pull out because another buyer may not come by for a long time. you have a place to move to or feel okay its just this one thing and then its another thing and you have already put so much into the deal that you dont want to back out now. its not like you are a regular business that can choose who not to do business with and move on to the next guy.

i dont think she could justify being happy about physical harm coming to the people but being happy they are having their own issues with their transaction isnt evil.
Well, whether it's "evil" or not depends on your morality. If you were a Christian or a practicing Jew, then it would be evil to you. Diane claims to be a Christian - a good one who goes to church regullarly. So, in the context of the OP, her delight in her enemy's misfortune is evil.

"Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:17-18).

Old 10-01-2009, 02:12 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Well, whether it's "evil" or not depends on your morality. If you were a Christian or a practicing Jew, then it would be evil to you. Diane claims to be a Christian - a good one who goes to church regullarly. So, in the context of the OP, her delight in her enemy's misfortune is evil.

"Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him." (Proverbs 24:17-18).
ok, if people want to have a problem with her for not being a good christian thats fine. i know that you cant expect any better from people just because they claim to be great christians/jews/hindus/muslims, etc.

she isnt doing anything to harm them. she is just taking some pleasure in their misfortune. i dont think thats a huge moral issue. when she drives over there, runs the wife over with her car and gives the husband the finger then ill worry about her morals.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:15 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,632 times
I think complaining about people who screwed you over is ok. Not the best side of human behavior, but so be it.

I think posting their address on the internet and writing all sorts of stuff about them, including how much their neighbors hate them and how they tried to poison a cat is absolutely horrible.

Someone should edit the original post and take out that link to their address.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
If you want to have some fun go low ball them
i just remembered this aspect. i dont think its ok to try to get others to mess with them.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:19 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
I will be the first to admit, when I dislike someone and there is usually a reason why I dislike someone I have a great time getting off on their misery especially when I did not cause it!! I know Im terrible but I cant help myself. Now if I like someone I dont feel that way, but its true I want the people I dislike to suffer so I guess I am not so Christian either.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,526,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
You certainly don't know how sick these people made me with their games. I think its there time now. Also, the listing is incorrect, says 9 rooms, and it has 8, so the house is being misrepresented.
If they were decent to me I would not feel this way, but they played cruel games. My realtor said she never saw anything like this before. I had to close on this house before I could close on that one because they kept delaying things. I guess they could not get the financing at the orginal price, so played games ,

Diane G
You know I kind of can relate. We had some buyers that were truly cruel rude and horrible. Our best friends lived next door and I could not even say a word...Our nieghborhood was close knit and I didn't want to be the one spreading the news about the new nasty buyers. Honestly I can't believe the stunts and stuff they pulled.......we had 5 bids all of whom they outbid only to jerk us around for weeks. We were split up as a family and I had 2 kids under the age of 2. My husband was already at his new job. The longer they delayed stuff the harder it was on our family and this is all in addition to the outrageous other stuff they were doing.

I knew I'd be back to visit my old neighbors. So I keep my trap shut. Funny after a few months my old friends called and asked us why the heck we sold our house to such jerks!!!

I have to say after they took us to the cleaners on some pipes (part of a long list of demands) in an old house which they wanted apparently...I could not help but smile when my friends told me their shiny new pipes had sprung a really leak big leak. Its the first time I was actually glad something I technically paid for was poor quality.

All that I can say is what comes around goes around.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times
Thumbs down Moderator needs to look at link !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshoes View Post
I think complaining about people who screwed you over is ok. Not the best side of human behavior, but so be it.

I think posting their address on the internet and writing all sorts of stuff about them, including how much their neighbors hate them and how they tried to poison a cat is absolutely horrible.

Someone should edit the original post and take out that link to their address.
OMG I didn't even realize that !! Holy crap !
Dah Ann DID post the link to the MLS for the house for sale and Dah Ann DID ask people to mess with them by low-balling bids !!! OMG !!
I seriously thnk the MODERATORS need to remove that link !!
Again, HOLY CRAP, what if it were ME buying that house ???!!!?!?or any one of YOU!!!?
hmmmm that's not very nice. In fact....I think I'm annoyed.
Don't git my Jersey up girl !! I ain't no holla back girl !!

lol
Now can some one give me a AMEN and ask WWJD ????

Old 10-01-2009, 09:31 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Wonderful, truthful yet difficult words to live by.

So is

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

(Matthew 7:3)

Old 10-01-2009, 10:09 PM

744 posts, read 1,406,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Wonderful, truthful yet difficult words to live by.
If you care about displeasing figments of your imagination then it might be difficult to live by, I guess...

Old 10-01-2009, 10:28 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
No, I think her mistake was being bitter towards people who (foreign or not) didn't "screw" her over, but simply did business with her without being completely tractable and doing it the way she wanted. She's mad that they asked for certain things to make the deal. Well, that's just business, it's not "cruel" as she described it. She is a self-centered, irrational person who sees business dealings as fights to be won or lost. If someone makes an offer or demand she doesn't like, she doesn't have to sell to the person.

Beyond that, I may get a little satisfaction from seeing someone screwed over after having me screwed over, but it's very little. As a rational person I let things go and I don't harbor the bitterness from being screwed over. I usually will react with a thought like "well, what comes around goes around," but I won't gloat about it to anyone, or even in my own mind. It certainly doesn't help me for that person to be miserable, and gloating over it actually unhealthy.
I'm sorry but it was cruel. They knew we were moving out of state , and that my husband had to start here, so they worked on ways to lower the price because the mortgage that was preappoved was not high enough, so delay and lower the price was their stagity.

I wish I could delete this because it is not who I am. I saw that, and had a bad day with my son at the hospital. He was put into ICU when I posted it, he is out now.

Diane G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey