Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:59 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times

Advertisements

I'm glad that you weren't forced to have the shots. Even when I'm willing to do something, I don't like feeling backed into a corner.

The FluMist is a weakened virus; the injection is killed virus. If I were to get a flu shot I'd want a single dose, not a thimersol laced multi-dose. I've posted concerns about the h1n1 vaccine and squalene and no one has commented on the issue; the question just gets skipped over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
We did NOT want our children getting the flu shots last year--writing a letter to the school nurse and didn't have to get them!and it worked. Religious and personal reasons! Will do the same this year with h1 also. My hub and I never got the shots and never will so are kids aren't getting them either. This is a live vaccine. No thanks!Nolway to the squalene and thimersol! I can understand the MMR and other vaccines out there but NOT the flu shots/h1............no way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
You should not speak of stuff you do not understand. You clearly do not understand how religious exemptions work, and therefore should not comment on them.
Yeah, I don't understand:
Quote:

Current Statutes & Laws: New Jersey State Vaccine Requirements – National Vaccine Information Center
Medical & Religious

A written statement should be submitted by the student, or the student's parent or guardian if the student is a minor, explaining how the administration of the vaccine conflicts with the bona fide religious tenets or practices of the student, or the parent or guardian, as appropriate; except that a general philosophical or moral objection to the vaccination shall not be sufficient for an exemption on religious grounds.
Keep your unvaxed kid away from mine...thankyouverymuch.

Last edited by Informed Info; 10-07-2009 at 08:32 PM..

Old 10-07-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
OMG you think a multi-dose means they get more than one dose? It means it comes in a vial with more than dose in it. Your 20 month old most likely did get it unless you requested the preservative free option and checked the manufacturer yourself.

OMG! A multi-dose FLU SHOT MEANS that I had to take my infant in TWICE for TWO-halves of the FLU SHOT. My 20 month old got the single shot (as in ONE shot, don't have to take him back for the second half).

To quote YOU
Quote:
It means it comes in a vial with "more than dose" in it?
What are trying to say? Other than nothing that makes any sense at all?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
We did NOT want our children getting the flu shots last year--writing a letter to the school nurse and didn't have to get them!and it worked. Religious and personal reasons! Will do the same this year with h1 also. My hub and I never got the shots and never will so are kids aren't getting them either. This is a live vaccine. No thanks!Nolway to the squalene and thimersol! I can understand the MMR and other vaccines out there but NOT the flu shots/h1............no way.
Was the flu shot mandatory in your school system last year? Wasn't in mine or anyone elses that I know of.

What was your religious excuse? NJ doesn't really take to philosophical exemptions. There is no exemption for personal, so what did you say? How did you get out of it? And what school system allowed your claim of exemptions?

The nasal mist is attenuated which means it's a weak version of the live virus. The injections are trivalent inactivated influenza...which doesn't prove to be as effective as the live attenuated version. But to each his own.

Last edited by Informed Info; 10-07-2009 at 08:33 PM..

Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'm glad that you weren't forced to have the shots. Even when I'm willing to do something, I don't like feeling backed into a corner.

The FluMist is a weakened virus; the injection is killed virus. If I were to get a flu shot I'd want a single dose, not a thimersol laced multi-dose. I've posted concerns about the h1n1 vaccine and squalene and no one has commented on the issue; the question just gets skipped over.

You wanna talk squalene, let's talk squalene.

First and foremost you obviously subscribe to MERCOLA crapola.
Quote:
What is known about the safety of squalene in vaccines?

• Twenty two million doses of Chiron's influenza vaccine (FLUAD) have been administered safely since 1997. This vaccine contains about 10mg of squalene per dose. No severe adverse events have been associated with the vaccine. Some mild local reactogenicity has been observed.
  • Clinical studies on squalene-containing vaccines have been done in infants and neonates without evidence of safety concerns.
Quote:
Why do some people think squalene in vaccines carries a risk?

• A few people have tried to link the health problems of Gulf War veterans to the possible presence of squalene in the vaccines these soldiers received.
  • One published report suggested that some veterans who received anthrax vaccines developed anti-squalene antibodies and these antibodies caused disabilities.
  • It is now known that squalene was not added to the vaccines administered to these veterans, and technical deficiencies in the report suggesting an association have been published.
And this all can be found on the World Heath Org website.

So what is your issue with squalene?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:40 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
OMG! A multi-dose FLU SHOT MEANS that I had to take my infant in TWICE for TWO-halves of the FLU SHOT. My 20 month old got the single shot (as in ONE shot, don't have to take him back for the second half).

To quote YOU

A multi dose vial has NOTHING to do with how many times a child had to get a shot. (LMAO at "I only had to take him for one shot").

A mulit-dose flu shot is a tube that contains, say, 10 doses. 10 different people get it from the same tube. Only the multi dose vials contain mercury.

Why can you not understand this? It seems remarkably simple, even for those with limited capacity.

I'm sure your 20 month old thanks you for the mercury.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:14 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,119 times
My wife and I got into a minor argument about this. She's currently pregnant and her doctor recommended her getting both the regular flu and swine flu shot.

I did some research, and the FDA flat-out recommends that pregnant women not take the flu shot unless absolutely necessary, and that the flu shot (both varieties) have not been tested on pregnant women.

We came up with a compromise - she takes the regular flu shot but as long as it's preservative free. She's not taking the H1N1 because of the lack of testing.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,692,119 times
Quote:

To quote YOU

You might want to back off this, because you're completely invalidating any points you've made in this thread with this malarkey. As far as I know, there's no such thing as a double flu shot. You get one flu shot. One dose. The "multi-dose" is a vial with multiple doses intended for muiltiple people.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:29 AM

238 posts, read 729,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
My wife and I got into a minor argument about this. She's currently pregnant and her doctor recommended her getting both the regular flu and swine flu shot.

I did some research, and the FDA flat-out recommends that pregnant women not take the flu shot unless absolutely necessary, and that the flu shot (both varieties) have not been tested on pregnant women.

We came up with a compromise - she takes the regular flu shot but as long as it's preservative free. She's not taking the H1N1 because of the lack of testing.
Good call....! During her pregnancy, my wife got the flu shot. Of course, we made sure the vaccine did not have any thimerosal. Once the baby was born, we refused to give our baby the Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:04 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
You wanna talk squalene, let's talk squalene.

First and foremost you obviously subscribe to MERCOLA crapola.
And this all can be found on the World Heath Org website.

So what is your issue with squalene?
...the part that you cut in your post.

"...It did note, however, that the experience of squalene-containing vaccines has been primarily in older age-groups and recommended that as squalene-containing vaccines are introduced in other age-groups, careful post-marketing follow up to detect any vaccine-related adverse events needs to be performed."

WHO | Safety of squalene

Last edited by Gerania; 10-08-2009 at 07:06 AM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: