Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is a vote for Chris Daggett in the end, a vote for Corzine
Yes 21 65.63%
No 11 34.38%
Other 0 0%
I'm not sure. 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 03:16 PM

313 posts, read 393,651 times

Advertisements

Is a vote for Chris Daggett in the end a vote for Corzine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 06:41 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,632 times
yes, for sure.

voting for a third party is a waste unless the third party really has a shot, and Daggett doesn't.

don't waste your vote. hold your nose and pick one.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:23 PM

13 posts, read 17,481 times
Yes it is. A vote for Daggett is pretty much a vote for Corzine.

But for a significant enough number of Republicans & Independents out there, Chrisopher C. just hasn't shown us why he would be any better than the current Governor.

My husband & I have been republicans all our adult life. We have voted GOP 90% of the time. The only exception in recent memory was 1996 in Bill Clinton.
But we voted twice 2000 & 2004 for George W. Bush, 1988 & 1992 for George H. Bush & 1984 for Reagan & of course Mccain in '08.

We were all set to support Chris. But the more information came out about him, the more doubts we have about him as a politician. He has intentionally claimed the moral authority in this race yet there has been a very clear pattern of abuse committed himself. He reminded us of the Republican NJ version of Elliot Spitzer of NY.

These are historical tough times in America. The entire country is hurting big time. I can name you multiple states across the nation, from CA to FL, from MI to OH who are in MUCH WORSE shape than we are in NJ.

Do you think that if Whitman or Schundler were our Governor today instead of Corzine, they would be able to solve this MASSIVE Unemployment across america which includes NJ. Do you think the NJ Housing Market Crash & the Freeze of lending in NJ would have been solved if Christine or Bret were Governor today.

There is a reason that 95% of ALL incumbent Governors today , both Republican & Democrat are in DANGER of LOSING their reelection bid. Every american voter fills the pinch. This is a national problem. The Republican Governors of Arizona & California are in trouble. The Democratic Governors of NJ & NY are in trouble. Many NJ independents & republicans who UNDERSTAND The issues can comprehend that putting all the blame on Corzine is Stupid.

As a Republican I am embarassed to say this but right now, the ONLY party with real, pro-active solutions to somehow solve America's problems are being offered by Obama & his party. I have yet to see any national or state Republican politician who has come up with ANY type of solution.

Its all about reducing taxes & Keep Saying No No No to whatever Obama proposes. Since there are no ideas to offer, they keep using the 40 year mantra of taxes. PLEASE! America today has ONE OF THE LOWEST TAX BRACKET among ALL Industrial nations.
America highest tax bracket today 100% less than what this country had as recent as 40 years.

Our population is growing. Our citizens are getting older in massive numbers. How the hell can you demand lower taxes ? Can you tell us where the money would come from then to keep america up and running? Services are being cut massively. Where do you want to cut services?

So many of my fellow republicans demand the highest quality of education for there kids. Thus, NJ public schools have been consistenly ranked in the Top 3 in public education out of ALL 50 states. Yet in the next sentence, they ***** about paying taxes.

Look at states like Arizona or Tennessee. Very low property taxes. But their school system are TERRIBLE !
You get what you pay for.

The party has No Idea on how to create jobs, how to deal with the environment, and how to build america's infrastucture & educational system to make us the BEST again. Nothing!

Daggett will get thousands of republican votes on election day.

Last edited by DrLaurenDDS; 10-24-2009 at 07:39 PM..

Old 10-24-2009, 09:00 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,111 times
Quote:
As a Republican I am embarassed to say this but right now, the ONLY party with real, pro-active solutions to somehow solve America's problems are being offered by Obama & his party. I have yet to see any national or state Republican politician who has come up with ANY type of solution.

Its all about reducing taxes & Keep Saying No No No to whatever Obama proposes. Since there are no ideas to offer, they keep using the 40 year mantra of taxes. PLEASE! America today has ONE OF THE LOWEST TAX BRACKET among ALL Industrial nations.
America highest tax bracket today 100% less than what this country had as recent as 40 years.

Our population is growing. Our citizens are getting older in massive numbers. How the hell can you demand lower taxes ? Can you tell us where the money would come from then to keep america up and running? Services are being cut massively. Where do you want to cut services?

So many of my fellow republicans demand the highest quality of education for there kids. Thus, NJ public schools have been consistenly ranked in the Top 3 in public education out of ALL 50 states. Yet in the next sentence, they ***** about paying taxes.

Look at states like Arizona or Tennessee. Very low property taxes. But their school system are TERRIBLE !
You get what you pay for.

The party has No Idea on how to create jobs, how to deal with the environment, and how to build america's infrastucture & educational system to make us the BEST again. Nothing!
As a liberal, I totally agree with this. I really wish the republicans would propose their own solutions so we could have better public discourse about the things that should matter to us all. Instead, we have the obfuscation of the birthers, deathers, and tea partiers, who really don't contribute to the conversation that we should have. We're all in this together, and pointing fingers is not helpful. We should try to find common ground. I wish more Reps. were like DrDiane because from her tone I can infer that although we might disagree, we could probably have a cup of coffee without calling each other names.

Old 10-24-2009, 09:15 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
The above illustrates why both parties ortodoxies just dont work. If you couldnt find a job in under 6 months in 2005 YOU WERE NOT TRYING. Get over it. Yet the Dems cried about these people. If you cant find a job in 2009 welcome to the club, yet the GOP often cries how we all need to settle for a min wage job and live in a refrigerator box. Both parties are wrong. Neither seems based on reality.

Im registered GOP. Not sure if Im voting Dagget as a protest vote as I did in 1996 as a protest for Bob Dole being crammed down my throat by the top of the party and 2004 When I could not stomach voting for Bush the 2nd time yet couldnt stomach Kerry. In both cases I did a protest vote for the Libertarian even though I knew they would lose. Of course I voted for McCain with full knowlege that Obama was going to mop the floor with him.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:06 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
Of the 7 people (so far) who say that a vote for Daggett is a vote for Corzine, not one has yet explained just HOW that is.

I keep hearing that Daggett is "more liberal" than Corzine and "worse than Corzine". If this is the case, then it would reason to follow that liberals, who would more likely have voted for Corzine, would vote for Daggett. That means a vote for Daggett takes away a vote from Corzine, and, assuming that as a third-party candidate Daggett won't/can't win, has the effect of being a vote for Christie.

Yet still more people are saying that a vote for Daggett is essentially a vote for Corzine.

What happened to simple logic?

I can't help but think that it's just Republican propaganda, that they're so desperate they'll throw out two negatives about Daggett and hope one or the other resonates with people, regardless of the fact that their assertions completely contradict one another.

Old 10-24-2009, 10:56 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,639,437 times
In reality though, Johnny, it is primarily Republicans/conservatives who will vote for Daggett, thus taking away from Christie's base. The unions and those who make a career out of welfare will not waver; they will vote Corzine. Hence why it's so important for the anti-Corzine faction to stick together and make pragmatic decisions about what is best for the future of NJ. I think both major candidates are far from perfect, but Corzine's goals (few of which have been realized) and ideals are diametrically opposed to the views of more people in NJ than you would think.

Can't wait to support Christie, even if it is with only my measly vote. Change we need.

Old 10-24-2009, 11:07 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
In reality though, Johnny, it is primarily Republicans/conservatives who will vote for Daggett, thus taking away from Christie's base.
How do you figure?

If Daggett is "worse than Corzine" and just another liberal, then why would Republicans/conservatives be voting for him? Are you saying that Republicans/conservatives have decided to vote for a liberal? Since when? If Daggett is a liberal, then Republicans/conservatives wouldn't vote for him.

Or are you saying that Daggett really is NOT a liberal, but a conservative (at least compared to Corzine)??? You'd be the first person that I know of who is calling Daggett a conservative.

OR...are you saying that Daggett really IS liberal, but there are a lot of Repubicans/conservatives who are too ignorant to know that he is liberal, so they will ignorantly and blindly vote for Daggett just because they're ignorant???

Which is it? What is your line of reasoning??? I honestly would like to know.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:28 AM

28 posts, read 71,909 times
Johnny,

I think its a mistake for people to look at this in terms of liberal vs. conservative. I believe that what some republicans who are using the " A vote for Daggett is a vote for Corzine" are saying is .....

Corzine is the incumbent. He is running for re-election. So its either you are with him & want another 4 years of him OR you do not want him & want a new Governor. If you are in the camp who does not like the last 4 years of him, then, You have to Vote for the opposition candidate who has the realistic chance of winning & kicking out the incumbent Gov. Corzine.
Thus, your vote for Daggett ( who has no chance of winning) means that you are willing to keep the Incumbent Gov. for four more years,

Its either you're with us or not mentality. Only Christie can dislodge Corzine. So if someone votes for Daggett, it almost like you gave the okay for 4 more years of our current Governo.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:29 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
This is just an outsider's view. You people in NJ just deserve to get screwed with the way you let your politicians make monkeys out of you. Florio lies to you about taxes. Whitman leaves office to work for Bush in a pointless position. ( in Pa Ridge did the same thing so I can empathize on that one.) Macgreevey. I won't even go there. Then you had Torricelli. You couldn't even have a legal election that time and had the courts break the law to get old man Lautenberg get back in office. All those recent politicains arrested for those weird organ transplant deals and other corruption.
Corzine is a Wall Strret insider and a guy who thinks he can buy whatever he wants ot whoever he wants. That you couldn't find a better republican to run against him is sad, but that you'd actually keep him in office is even sadder. Just vote out whatever stooge you elect every 4 years and minimize the damage you do to yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: