Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 06:11 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Charlotte View Post
I shop at Walmart quite frequently. I'm not poor, don't consider myself ignorant, and am definitely not "trashy". I do have three young children (who do not run around the store like animals) and we go to Walmart on occasion to pick up a few sale items, browse the toy section, buy them some inexpensive play clothes, and then maybe lunch at the fast food restaurant in the store.

When I lived in Charlotte, NC, we went to SuperWalmart all the time. The prices were considerably less than the supermarkets down there. And I've had countless, warm and friendly conversations with the trashy, "hillbillies" you all like to demean.

So, you don't like Walmart. Just don't shop there. Why all the passionate posts about other people's shopping habits? I'm missing something, I guess.
Ditto. Just the red part. Won't/don't eat fast food - ever. Warm & friendly conversation happen about once a year. But "for such a price, who could say no?"

I just love it when they hire people that don't speak a word of english. I get to test out the little 'Espanol" that I have in my pocket. funny...I always wind up asking them for the rent in cash tomorrow. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 07:19 PM

52 posts, read 196,183 times
I can tolerate the Walmart in Riverdale. It's good for an "everything under one roof" kind of thing. Plus, I can get inexpensive picture frames that look nice (which are 5x more for the same thing at Michael's) and FABRIC. It's like IMPOSSIBLE to get fabric anywhere for a decent price, if at all.

The Walmart in Kearny, however, is horrendous and should be avoided at all costs.

Oh, and I have had much worse experiences in Kmart and Pathmark than Walmart, with both other shoppers and employees.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:13 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
This thread is hilarious...

I moved to NC about 3 yrs ago and used to do all my shopping at Shop-Rite.

Here in NC, there is no Shop-Rite, nothing even close w/how low their prices are. I do all my food shopping at the Walmart and wait for good sales at places like Harris Teeter/Lowe's Foods.

I think shoppers are spoiled in NJ (I know I was) because take a look at the circular's online from places like Lowes Foods, HT, Bi-Lo and tell me what you think...

Old 11-05-2009, 10:04 PM

20 posts, read 63,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
Providing you have a Sav-A-Lot anywhere near you. Me? I'll shop at Costco, thanks.
Aldi's for the win.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:30 AM

306 posts, read 319,954 times
LMFAO!!!

This is the funniest thread that I have ever read in my entire life. Also, I agree 100% with the OP.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:20 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,893,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJersey7 View Post
Aldi's for the win.
Not in North Jersey.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:55 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
The Wal-Mart is actually in Saddle Brook (the one by Bally's)
And to be honest, I find your post very arrogant and selfish.. Just because people aren't well-off or appear ugly to you doesn't make them bad people who don't belong. This is why I can't stand Bergen County, or at least most of it. (so many people look down and compare eachother with one another)

Wal-Mart has identical prices to Shop-Rite if you ask me, and Wal-mart is a scam (like you said) but the crowd at the shop-rites by me (Hackensack and Rochelle Park) is similar to the Wal-Marts in Saddle Brook. Are you referring to people who are non-white? You know, a lot of the people who come from Hackensack, Teaneck, Lodi, Garfield, and Paterson, the people who YOU think "don't belong" in Bergen County.

How about you just don't go to Saddle Brook's wal-mart anymore and move on.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:06 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Such self righteousness... inaccurate as a bonus.

Walmart's normal price is almost always cheaper than any grocery store not having a sale that day.

Pricewise it is close on milk and a few others. Produce and meat is almost always better quality at a grocery store than WM.

Cold Cereal, frozen, salad dressing, condiments, diapers, toiletries are 15% to 60% lower.

Dont like Walmart? DONT GO! About 5 times a year, when we get extremely low on groceries we will go to the Milford Super center. The last time was $300 bucks and when I compared to some Shoprite receipts... the Shoprite total would have been over $500 for the same things. Of course it is a skewed comparison because we load up on items the grocery stores are much higher on. (see above)

Welp, I gotta git back to humpin my cousin, but only after I finish playin this here banjo while I sit on top of this here 1979 black Firebird on blocks.

Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
You see it everywhere. You see it more at WalMart, that's the point!

BTW Diane, we know who you are. You do not have to put your name at the end of your posting when your name IS the header of the posting.
Typical of what I encountered in the Manalapan Post office, Snobs, You seem to think your better than me.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:33 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Typical of what I encountered in the Manalapan Post office, Snobs, You seem to think your better than me.
Nope, you've got it all wrong.

Progressives know exactly who it's okay to look down upon and still keep their progressive creds of "tolerance", "open-mindedness" and most importantly "non-judgemental".

Some days it's "SUV drivers", other days "people who live in the suburbs" (double bonus points if they live in "McMansions"), today it's "WM shoppers".

People are people wherever you go.

Last edited by doc1; 11-07-2009 at 05:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey