Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:56 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,214,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambroasia View Post
i have been a resident of palisades park since 1988. over the years, a lot has changed in the town, where it predominantly became a korean community. the concern that i have with koreans in this town, is that, they seemed to have this "this is a free country and I will do as I please" attitude. when I go down to broad ave in pal pk, koreans double park, and won't budge an inch even though you are trying to leave, or they pull out of side parking lots and streets and when given a warning of their driving, they do rabbit stops, or stop their cars in the middle of the street, and they tried to pick a fight with people, or they block or park in someone else's parking or driveway, and they have a problem with you, when you are the rightful owner or tenant of the place, putting up business signs in korean, and thats it. koreans in this town have this misconception of what a freedom of choice or being in a free country is. this kind of behavior is not only hostile, but also very low class, and that is not a very good view to show others of this town. by the way, I am korean who has lived in this country for over 36 years, and those kind of hostile low class behaviors is not a perception that koreans would want to convey, but they just seemed not to care, and do as they please. acting like a low class uneducated fool is not what being an american is all about. being an american is having respect for others, and not over stepping your boundaries, and learning the ways of the laws of the united states, and abiding by it, that's what being an american is all about.
I lived in South Korea for 7 years, and that basically sounds like exactly how they do it in Korea.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:33 PM

283 posts, read 581,894 times
Sounds like a complete free for all just like Flushing I would know I am there almost every weekend

Old 11-09-2009, 04:57 AM

18 posts, read 66,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
and the point of this silly rant is...?

demographics change over time. with this population turnover comes the occasional clash between the newcomers and the older, established community. it's been happening all over the region for a long time, and for that matter it's nothing new in metropolitan areas around the country. sorry you don't like it.

and btw, i don't believe for a second that you're korean. i think your post was just a pathetic attempt at bashing a specific ethnic group.

believe or not believe what you wish.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommyq View Post
Sounds like a complete free for all just like Flushing I would know I am there almost every weekend

I have lived in Flushing NY For five years, and it wasn't as bad there as it is here in palisades park, nj.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK84 View Post
lets not generalize all koreans but i understand your frustration with pal park (aka the duplex village). its gotten much worse becoming the next flushing over the past 7-8 years. sundays are craziest with all these church going koreans (which is almost all of em... haha) ganging up broad ave.

to me what i see is more FOBs or newly immigrated koreans living in pal park. with the heavy transformation more koreans come to live in this comfort area. they use and abuse each other usually for financial gain. you can come to the US/palpark and live perfectly fine without ever learning to speak english. thats how it is now.

seems your main rant was about the parking and driving around pal park problem. i know it is frustrating. but blame the overpopulation and large crowds the town draws more than it being related to Koreans. plus most of the Koreans hogging up pal park streets dont actually live in pal park...

jk84, at lease you know what I am talking about. this was a nice quiet town when I moved in in 88, but it ain't what it used to be. i saw the old movie theatre on broad avenue turn into rodeo plaza, a gathering hangout for the FOB's. as for the people not learning english and making a negative statement that my english is not getting any better, is look at where they are living? they moved into an area with vast non english speaking koreans, speaking korean, shopping in korean stores, still watching only korean tv shows, only reading korean news papers, only watching korean news, eating in korean restaurants and they are saying my english is not improving. i do realize that after a certain age, the curve limit gets narrower and it does get tougher, but on the other hand, they are always ways to change that. koreans that live in edge water, paramus, closter, westwood, and riverdale just to name a few towns in and around bergen county do not act in the manner that the palisades park koreans do.
and what the majority see is how the mass view a race of people. it is like this, a lot of the hispanics in west new york have that kind of me me me attitude, but does not represent all hispanics? no. that's why i made it clear in the original posting that I am making a reference to pal pk koreans. i also know a lot of koreans who do not act in such a low class manner, so it is not all koreans. i emphasize that again that it is just about pal pk koreans.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:37 PM

36 posts, read 158,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambroasia View Post
i have been a resident of palisades park since 1988. over the years, a lot has changed in the town, where it predominantly became a korean community. the concern that i have with koreans in this town, is that, they seemed to have this "this is a free country and I will do as I please" attitude. when I go down to broad ave in pal pk, koreans double park, and won't budge an inch even though you are trying to leave, or they pull out of side parking lots and streets and when given a warning of their driving, they do rabbit stops, or stop their cars in the middle of the street, and they tried to pick a fight with people, or they block or park in someone else's parking or driveway, and they have a problem with you, when you are the rightful owner or tenant of the place, putting up business signs in korean, and thats it. koreans in this town have this misconception of what a freedom of choice or being in a free country is. this kind of behavior is not only hostile, but also very low class, and that is not a very good view to show others of this town. by the way, I am korean who has lived in this country for over 36 years, and those kind of hostile low class behaviors is not a perception that koreans would want to convey, but they just seemed not to care, and do as they please. acting like a low class uneducated fool is not what being an american is all about. being an american is having respect for others, and not over stepping your boundaries, and learning the ways of the laws of the united states, and abiding by it, that's what being an american is all about.

Another hateful, ignorant, class-warrior thread. No one else ever double-parked back in the day? The buzz word in these idiotic diatribes is always "change." Can't deal with the changes? Move out.

Your great education oviously hasn't prepared you to properly create a proper sentence, yet you seem to own and know how to operate a computer, so I wouldn't worry about the other PP residents.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 PM

36 posts, read 158,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo1980 View Post
I have to agree with

Ambrosiia,I also find Koreans
to be obstinant,
rude and have no intention of wanting to become Americanized
in anyway, shape or form. they seem to resent us and our customs even though this is our Country, they want to make Pal Park & other towns aroound Bergen County little Korea, signs in Korean only are a no no in Pal Park & should be in other towns too, they have to conform that this is America and they will have to learn & speak English sooner or later, my aunt is a teacher in town & says when the kids come to school at age 5 or 6 they don't speak one word
of english so she has to spend more time teaching that than doing the other studies she is suppossed to do even simple things like the ABC's, anyway no forgein entity
should ever come to the USA & think they will never become Americanized like our Europe ancestors who built this great country did
so I agree with the poster who said Koreans make thier own rules and if we don't like it....to bad for us! Conform or go back to Korea..... of course there are some exceptions, some Koreans actually do want to learn
english
& love our customs but not many as far as I have seen*

More generalizations and hatred that generally keep me from even coming to this forum. You all really do NJ proud with your ignorant postings.
Not sure if it's the ethnicity, age or what that you feel has "changed" (the buzz word) but if you don't like it, get out. What, people never double parked on Broad Avenue in the 70's and 80's? Morons.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:58 AM

43 posts, read 164,566 times
More than the racism against other cultures (due to ignorance), I can't stand people who think they're 'beyond' their own race just b/c of 'alittle' education.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:09 PM

592 posts, read 2,188,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
I can understand the OP's troubles. My Mom is an immigrant from Italy, and no one likes her either.
hahaha, best post of this thread!

As for ambrosia and the rest of the self righteous goons, get off your high horse, go play in traffic or something. Personally i rather have "rude" asian immigrants taking over an area than a bunch of american gangaster wannabies or wolfpacks running around my hood.

You think those koreans are more rude than the average american around nyc? get a giant cup of clue, you bigot.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:48 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,275,100 times
I have noticed that many Koreans do tend to be a little withdrawn if you are anything other than Korean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey