Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2009, 09:04 AM

2 posts, read 9,660 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are moving to Allendale, NJ from NYC. Our son is 22 months old and I am looking to put him in a school in Allendale or surrounding area. I don't mind driving additonal 20 minutes if the schools are good. Can you please recommend a good school for a 2 year old?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 07:01 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,954,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by school1 View Post
Hello,
We are moving to Allendale, NJ from NYC. Our son is 22 months old and I am looking to put him in a school in Allendale or surrounding area. I don't mind driving additonal 20 minutes if the schools are good. Can you please recommend a good school for a 2 year old?

Thank you.
I think Archer is a popular one in Allendale

Archer Cooperative Nursery School, Allendale, NJ

Old 10-21-2009, 07:22 AM

6 posts, read 17,214 times
How do you like ALLendale,i am thinking about buying a house there,and also I am from NY

Old 10-31-2009, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 9,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmm View Post
How do you like ALLendale,i am thinking about buying a house there,and also I am from NY
We just moved a week ago and we are renting a townhouse for the time being. we really like it so far. there is a train & bus stop within a walking distance. this makes it a easy commute for my husband. it's much quieter than the city which is what we enjoy about it.

does anyone have any thoughts about montesori schools in the area? the preschool doesn't need to be in allendale just within 20 minutes drive from allendale.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:41 AM

There is a Montessori in Waldwick that has a very good rep.

The Village School.

The Village School for Children - Waldwick, NJ

Old 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,157 times
Allendale is the most racist Town in NJ...I have several co-workers who live there and they constantly talk about how racist it is... Dont Move there!!!!!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,659 times
I have lived in Allendale for a few years. Every town has people that are racist in it, to judge a town by a few bad apples is not fair. Maybe your co-workers need to surround them selves with different people in the community. I can say that no one i know in Allendale is racist. All of my friends are in the town are hard-working, are very involved parents and look out for each other.

As for pre-schools, I am in the process of looking myself. In Allendale, there are a few - Nanny's Nest (has only been open for a few years), Archer and Calvary, all seem to have very good repuatations. I believe Archer is having an Open House next week. There is also a program at the high school, I just recently called to get information, sorry I can't give you anymore. Look in the Our Town for more in the surrounding area. I believe Saddle River Day School has one that is supposed to be excellent.

GOOD LUCK! Please Post back if you make a decision.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasharon31 View Post
Allendale is the most racist Town in NJ...I have several co-workers who live there and they constantly talk about how racist it is... Dont Move there!!!!!
That's crazy. It is not racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey