Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 09:15 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times

Advertisements

I dont want to refile. I already know the first 20 week extension is automatic but I have an unusual situation due to working a part time job causing my weeks vs net check to not align exactly. I have a technical question that needs to be answered as it looks like I will get $7 for my last unemployment week on the first 26 weeks. Yes as in one penny more than $6.99. This is a $400+ loss that is quite devastating especially after buying oil this week.

Fast busy always. Ive been to the local office. Their technical knowlege is near zero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 6,740 times
Default Nj unemployment does not take phone calls, period!!!!!!!!! Governor aware of this? Not!!!!!!!!

Time to move out of this state filled with crooked politicians.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 6,438 times
To actually answer your question there's several reasons why its always busy. I have never called the Unemployment office in New Jersey and not had to redial, redial, redail,. This step is normally repeated until you have gotten a ring, instead of "Due to the large amount of calls, we cannot take your call. Please, call back when... blah blah"(If you haven't hung up in the middle of the first sentence, you're wasting time.) Anyway, after you get through, you will have to wait 45 minutes, until your call is actually patched through to a human. The system is designed to filter out people with stupid questions and issues that aren't worth answering. They figure, if its not worth redialing seven thousand four hundred and sixty three times, and waiting forty five minutes to discuss, then it must not be too important.

THAT is the real answer. New Jersey doesn't care about its citizens

Ironic thing is, I could be spending the wasted 45 minutes and number of call backs looking for employment...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey