Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:43 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Comm View Post
Hi Nexis4Jersey,

Thank you again for your advice and your timely word of caution on the ground traffic conditions in New York.

On Google's "Street View", the Essex Street Train Station appears to be quite deserted. Would it be easy to hail a cab from here to the Medical Center?

@ SonorityGenius,

Pardon my ignorance, but where is "jc Journal square" and how do I get there from JFK? I can't find a shuttle bus service from JFK nor can I find a station named "JC Journal Square" on the New York rail map (UrbanRail.Net > NEW YORK CITY Subway Map).

Thank you once again.

Amber
Hehe , that and many google streetview images are shot on weekends around here. The station is 60% full on weekdays. The Journal SQ route is a longer route. It would take an 1hr longer then all train route. You have to call a cab , i would take a cab. If its a hot day , walking up that hill with 2-3 bags will be tough. That might not be in the area , so check that link. And it might be hard getting a taxi to do such a short distance. So instead of going to Essex Street by train, at Seacacus JCT just hail a cab and take it too a hospital.

24/7 Cab & Limo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 07:45 AM

181 posts, read 1,122,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
A word of caution , it might take up to 1-2hrs more by Bus , due to the unpredictable Traffic in the Region as opposed to the all Train option. Actually you can take the E Train to Penn Station. I forgot about that. Yes the PA bus terminal is on the corner of 8th Ave and W42 St. Penn Station is on the corner of 8th & 33rd Street.
You Can take the E train from the Airtrain to 42nd st(PA bus terminal) and the NJT bus to Hackensack(163 or 164) to Summit and Essex st run fairly feq more during rush hour. Look at Njtransit.com and look under bus schedules 163 runs more feq than the 164 which is hourly and If travelling between 5-6:15 pm you can also take the 144 bus to the Hospital which operates express to Essex st

Old 05-18-2010, 07:51 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpat55 View Post
You Can take the E train from the Airtrain to 42nd st(PA bus terminal) and the NJT bus to Hackensack(163 or 164) to Summit and Essex st run fairly feq more during rush hour. Look at Njtransit.com and look under bus schedules 163 runs more feq than the 164 which is hourly and If travelling between 5-6:15 pm you can also take the 144 bus to the Hospital which operates express to Essex st
Oh does it , i didn't see that. But on Google it just said that the All Train one was the fastest so i went with it. But i think the E Train / Bus thing might be better for him.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:28 AM

8 posts, read 30,230 times
Nexis4Jersey, macpat55 and SonorityGenius,

Thank you so much for your excellent advice. You have made this trip just that much easier for a weary traveler.

Wishing you God speed!

Amber
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey