Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:22 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times

Advertisements

I decided to start a Transit News thread , since alot has been happening recently. This is not a Transit Projects thread , just a regular News thread.

Hudson-Bergen Light Rail train injures woman and man on Essex Street in Downtown Jersey City
I'm curious on how this happened

Hudson-Bergen Light Rail train injures woman and man on Essex Street in Downtown Jersey City | - NJ.com

Suspicious bag shuts Harrison PATH station

Suspicious bag shuts Harrison PATH station | - NJ.com

U.S. Sens. Lautenberg, Menendez propose $125M in aid to reverse NJ Transit fare hikes
Go for it , these fares and cuts are ridiculous and not necessary to extent.
U.S. Sens. Lautenberg, Menendez propose $125M in aid to reverse NJ Transit fare hikes | - NJ.com

NJ Transit offers "early getaway" service for early Memorial Day travelers

NJ Transit offers "early getaway" service for early Memorial Day travelers | - NJ.com

Jury awards $7M to Jersey City woman who broke elbow at PATH station
The most ridiculous settlement i have ever heard , so if i slip and fall can i sue and get 7 million?$$
Jury awards $7M to Jersey City woman who broke elbow at PATH station | - NJ.com

Nearly NJ Transit's 'Biggest Loser' : the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail
NJT should really crack done on this , this is getting ridiculous. Or install some turnstiles already.
Nearly NJ Transit's 'Biggest Loser' : the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail | - NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 08:24 AM

53 posts, read 259,502 times
That Lightrail accident killed my wifes commute last night, I wound up driving to get her after 30 mins of waiting and someone telling her it could be an hour. Of course as I rolled in to pick her up the damn thing arrived at the station.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:50 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,187 times
Still waiting for that <explicative removed before mods could> light rail line to get to my town! I hope they build the stupid thing before I retire!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:57 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,574,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
Still waiting for that <explicative removed before mods could> light rail line to get to my town! I hope they build the stupid thing before I retire!
Where is that?

Old 05-28-2010, 09:03 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,187 times
It's the Glassboro-Camden line. I'm hoping that they do the sensible things and extend the southern terminus through my town to Millville and extend the northern terminus to Philadelphia.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:20 AM

53 posts, read 259,502 times
I wouldnt be hopeful on huge expansion of the light rail system considering they are losing money due to the dirtbags who constantly ride it without paying. I dont know if the same issues exist on the other lines.

Its a shame because the HBLR is a nice form of transportation.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:30 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,335,876 times
Wow that's a lot.

If I had no morals I swear I would go right to the same spot and fall where she did and get 7 million dollars.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:34 AM

PATH launches "Tap & Go" in Jersey City
PATH launches "Tap & Go" in Jersey City | - NJ.com
Its a step in the right direction for making the NYC metro easier / faster to get around via Transit.

NJ Transit employee is killed by wayward locomotive
NJ Transit employee is killed by wayward locomotive | - NJ.com
Very sad

Bayonne Bridge height fixes could cost millions, Port Authority's revenue fades
Bayonne Bridge height fixes could cost millions, Port Authority's revenue fades | - NJ.com
They need to replace this bridge , its really starting to crumble. I like Cable Stayed design , it can be built really fast and cheaper. And the New Bridge would extend the Hudson - Bergen Light Rail to SI.

N.J.'s Lakeland Bus Lines fares rise 9 percent
N.J.'s Lakeland Bus Lines fares rise 9 percent | - NJ.com

Senator Lautenberg lends his support to bike and pedestrian access on the new Portal Bridge over the Hackensack
Senator Lautenberg lends his support to bike and pedestrian access on the new Portal Bridge over the Hackensack | NJ.com
Not a Bad idea , although i think he should pass form another Rail connection our 2 Largest Cities instead of a Bikeway / Ped walkway.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 PM

Light rail service restored in Jersey City

Light rail service restored in Jersey City | NJ.com

I think people who run the lights or gates should loose there licenses for a year.

Long Beach Island businessman seeks repeal of N.J. pedestrian law

Long Beach Island businessman seeks repeal of N.J. pedestrian law | NJ.com

Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 PM

Default PATH stations to receive $200M in upgrades to better commuters' train rides

PATH stations to receive $200M in upgrades to better commuters' train rides | NJ.com

Its about time they start overhauling the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey