Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:43 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times

Advertisements

CITY OF ALAMOGORDO ANIMAL CONTROL ORDINANCES:

http://library1.municode.com:80/defa...infobase=10991

Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 07:48 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,005,078 times
What about Silver City or Los Cruces....

Old 07-09-2011, 10:57 PM

124 posts, read 228,353 times
It looks like we should be getting some relief next week, Cathy. Isolated storms are predicted Monday through Weds. Albuquerque tv weather keeps saying conditions are right for monsoon season to start, but I guess they don't care if the forecast is correct for down here in the wild frontier.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:11 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
I sure hope so, Deb.

From what I have been told, Alamogordo and southern NM in general had a much more pronounced summer rainy season than they do now. Afternoon and late evening rains were common several days a week.

It was refreshing this morning, with the rain last night and in the high 50s. It's now 62 and still nice.

I'm headed for Alamogordo sometime over the next couple of weeks to pick up a last load before closing, and I'll probably water the yard while I'm there. Give me something to do besides twiddle my thumbs. Too bad I can't make it in one round trip!

Old 07-10-2011, 12:32 PM

124 posts, read 228,353 times
I'm jealous!! It was still in the 80's when I went to bed last night. I didn't check but it was pretty warm when I went outside at about 8am and now it's 91 and will get up to about 97.

I hope you still have a yard to water when you go back to pick up your last load!

Old 07-10-2011, 12:54 PM

Well, it's now 90, with a high of 92 for today....thunderstorms predicted for the next 3 days, and temps moderating to 88-90.

I imagine the yard is very dry......I left May 15, and I doubt the agent has been watering it. I watered it before I left...and it went UC about 2 weeks later! So, we'll see, LOL!!

Stay in and stay cool....

Old 07-11-2011, 02:41 PM

563 posts, read 1,499,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
That would be less than 40k people. Perhaps that is what you meant to say.
Don't know what I was thinking! 2008 census: 35,757 people.

I came from the Bangor area of Maine which had more like 32k, however the Bangor Metro area is about 192k. This feels like so much more of a city, and busier too, but it's still small in comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
February was highly unusual, with several nights near zero, and a couple of nights with -16/-13....yep, that's MINUS. It would not have been that bad if SOB NMGCo had not cut off gas to southern NM. We were colder than northern NM during that period.

Those who were on total electric were OK, as they had heat and hot water. I had electricity, or it would have been FAR worse. My pipes froze, but didn't burst.

Southern NM is definitely the red-headed stepchild. I didn't believe it before, but I do now, after that little fiasco.

May and June are typically Alamogordo's hottest months (though the heat there lasts far too long, since there is rarely ever any compensating winter). I was there 4 years, and we had ONE truly cold winter--this year.

The monsoon has apparently started up here. We're having afternoon and late evening thunderstorms, with rain predicted every day this next week.

But Alamogordo and Southern NM in general are in exceptional drought (and in mostly bad shape, like West Texas)....I hope the monsoons have arrived there for some relief.
It's rained pretty good a few times this year here. This week we've had some small sprinkles but not enough to even get the ground wet. I can't wait for some more good showers.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:00 PM

We had another nice shower last night, with the same predicted over the next couple of days.

The yard there is bermuda, which is almost impossible to kill....so a few good waterings will bring it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico